The SIU Specialist is a Full Time position in the Special Investigation Unit open to those candidates with 5+ years of insurance P&C claim adjusting experience. The candidate will assist in identifying suspected fraud claims, reviewing claim documents, developing and recommending investigative actions, and performing all field follow-up investigation. The position is home based and requires travel in the described area. The SIU division encompasses complex claims investigations, suspicious and fraudulent claims investigation, reports to and coordination with law enforcement or state fraud bureaus for regulatory compliance and criminal prosecutions, and corporate investigations. The SIU also conducts training sessions for adjusters, supervisors and other staff on anti-fraud and claim related topics. The SIU Specialist may on occasion visit SIU client claims offices and provide assistance on suspect claims, and be engaged in providing fraud awareness training to adjusters, underwriters, and others.
- Investigative consulting on designated SIU client claim files;
- Field investigation on suspected fraud cases;
- Conduct Fraud Awareness training for client offices
- Assist with presentations of potential criminal cases to DA/DOI;
- Traveling in local region will be up to 70%.
Skills & Experience Required:
- 5+ years insurance claims experience, with special consideration given to those with field adjusting experience in General Liability, Auto Liability, PIP, Homeowner, Small Commercial, and Workers’ Compensation areas;
- 3+ years experience handling injury claims, ability to review and analyze medical reports, identify suspected fraud;
- Multi-line experience preferred. Experience in handling complex claims and suspected insurance fraud investigations.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including significant interviewing experience to take in-depth and detailed recorded and written statements;
- Strong computer skills using Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook. Ability to learn new software operating systems.
- Bachelor’s degree required, and advanced degree preferred. Substantial insurance industry SIU and technical insurance investigative experience may be substituted for the formal education requirement.
- Reports to the Regional Investigations Manager - SIU
For more information about G4S Compliance & Investigations, please view our web site at http://www.cni.g4s.com/
****please submit resumes along with a cover letter to: [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
G4S Compliance & Investigations is an EEO employer fully committed to attracting, retaining, developing, and promoting the most qualified individuals without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, disability or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law. We are dedicated to providing and maintaining an inclusive work environment free from discrimination and harassment, where employees are treated with respect and dignity.
G4 Securicor-Justice Services - 16 months ago