Description of the Position:
Responsible for providing efficient service to all guests and ensuring slot machines are monitored on a continual basis for full capacity operation. Team Member will rely on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. Carries out responsibilities under general supervision and uses good judgment to accomplish goals.
Primary Duties, Responsibilities, and Tasks:
• All team members are obligated to support and uphold the Valley View Casino & Hotel’s Standards of Excellence as outlined in the Team Member Guide to Success.
• Maintain positive guest relations at all times, resolving guest complaints and ensuring guest satisfaction. Greet guests in a courteous and caring manner using personalized service.
• Responsible for the writing of all jackpots wins and notifying the Slot Shift Supervisor as needed.
• Requests necessary authorization (request for jackpot hand pays) in accordance with policy and procedures.
• Ensures that slot machines are filled with tickets in a timely manner, so as to keep machines in constant operation.
• Responsible for minor machine malfunctions;
• Assists all guest with the use of Players Club cards, pin unlocks, Moreplay, Overtime Play, reprints and new sign-ups.
• All slot floor persons must carry and manage an issued slot bank of cash and be able to balance at the end of each shift.
• Notifies Slot Shift Supervisors, Casino Managers, or Slot Floor Person of guest needs and requests; follows up to ensure positive customer relations.
• Assists in maintaining slot floor security by notifying department heads of any suspicious activity.
• Assists in maintaining a clean and presentable slot floor by pushing in chairs, throwing away visible trash near playing areas.
• Responds to special requests of guests as well as guest complaints and inquiries in a calm, prompt, courteous manner.
• Promotes departmental and property-wide promotions with all guests
• Promotes positive customer relations through prompt, courteous and efficient guest service.
• Knowledge of local jurisdiction gaming laws (federal, state, etc.) and attendant regulations as well as the Company’s internal controls, policies and procedures.
• Responsible for conducting all responsibilities in a professional and ethical manner.
• Perform other duties as assigned by management.
• Maintains a consistent and regular attendance record.
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
• Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and 10-key.
• Six months of experience working in a casino slot department or related area.
• Six months of cash handling experience
• Excellent communication skills and a patient, positive demeanor.
• Ability to stand on a hard surface for long periods of time.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as instructions, guidelines, policies and procedure manuals.
• Ability to learn casino promotions and accurately communicate to our guests.
• Ability to write routine reports and correspondences.
• Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
• Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
• Ability to present themselves in an organized and approachable manner.
• Must use good judgment when providing information to our guests.
• Must display the ability to maintain positive guest relations at all times.
• Must apply for, receive, and maintain a Gaming License from the Tribal Gaming Agency.
• Must successfully pass a drug screening test.
• Must be able to successfully pass applicable auditions or skill testing.
• Bi-lingual in English and a second language
Physical Requirements of the Position:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Clear vision (close, distant, peripheral, and depth perception) is needed for navigating office and casino environments, reading and reviewing reports and policies, operating data processing equipment and other essential job functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is regularly required to talk and hear.
• The Team Member may be required to stand, walk and use hands to manipulate, handle, or feel.
• The Team Member is regularly required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell.
The Team Member must frequently lift, move or push 25 pounds and/or occasionally lift, move or push up to 50 pounds
• The Casino is open 24 hours per day, seven (7) days per week; therefore, you must be flexible to work any and all shifts.
• While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is exposed to second hand tobacco smoke, moving mechanical parts, risk of radiation from computers, and fumes or airborne particles.
• The Team Member is usually subject to inside environmental conditions, which provide protection from weather conditions, but not necessarily from temperature changes.
• The Team Member is occasionally subject to outside environmental conditions and to wet and/or humid conditions.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. When on the casino floor, the noise level increases to loud.
• Native American hiring preference applies.
• This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be instructed by management to perform other tasks or functions.
• You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description and your ability to commit to the Standards of Excellence.
• Management has the right to revise this job description at any time.
• The job description is not a contract for employment.