Executes the vision and implements the enterprise test strategy and architectural framework.
Drives all test activities in accordance with policies and standards.
Drives test deliverables on a project basis being responsive to schedule and quality requirements.
Designs tests with re-use in mind to fast track quality testing of products.
Implements test verification (e.g., Technical Reviews) and validation (e.g., Function Test or System Test) practices, standards, metrics, training, and processes).
Ensures that all direct reports and their teams are trained in the skills and tools of test, project management and other required competencies of the test function.
Participates in product readiness and release decisions.
Establishes fact-based measures of test efficiency, effectiveness and product readiness.
Partners with client groups to ensure that the testing strategy is understood; in use; test prerequisites are completed, and that test outputs are analyzed.
Manages personnel issues such as hiring, training, assessment, career and succession planning.
Performs other job related duties as assigned.
- At least 8 years leading test efforts in large scale application development projects.
- At least 4 years leadership experience.
- Ability to understand business drivers and propose test solutions to support the business need.
- Understanding of technology and its practical application to testing complex systems.
- Experience with Commercial off the Shelf (COTS) test related tools.
- Specialized experience in testing for n-tiered and web development, test design and automation frameworks.
- Specialized expertise in implementing testing guidelines and providing technical advice and counsel to application and technology development teams regarding test in support of accelerating products to MGM Resorts International’s customers.
- Acts as a partner to the business and development teams to ensure testing is integrated into the overall product design and build-out.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to lead and mentor a team.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Working knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle Methodologies such as Agile, XP and waterfall and the technology that supports them.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.
MGM Resorts International - 18 months ago
It's not your imagination -- MGM Resorts International (formerly MGM MIRAGE) is one of the world's largest gaming firms. The...