Working in a call center environment under supervision to receive and process inbound calls from patients, providers and other medical staff. Execute outbound calls or electronic task to assist with providing medical related services. Assist callers with appointment scheduling, prescriptions refills, facility locations and lab results. Resolve routine to complex issues.
- Answers a minimum of 75-90 calls per day resolving moderate to complex issues.
- Schedule and verify appointments in clinical information system.
- Verify and update patient demographic and insurance information.
- Send and receive tasks to Provider offices to assist patient with access to medical care.
- Receive and process expedite, stat and at-risk referrals.
- Contact patients to advise of appointment and referral status.
- Extreme high volume data entry.
- Process and resolve expedited patient complaints.
- Review and processing of medication refills.
- Proactive response to inquiries from patients, Providers, and internal medical personnel.
- High School diploma or a GED required
- Expanded knowledge and use of Microsoft Excel required
- Able to demonstrate customer service and proper telephone etiquette
- Ability to prioritize call types
- 6+ months experience in healthcare environment or customer service call center preferred
- Advanced knowledge of insurance products preferred
- Training in a medical office or customer service related field preferred
- CPT and ICD-9 coding preferred
UnitedHealthcare is part of the family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group one of the leaders across most major segments of the US health care system.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong listening, critical thinking, decision making, telephone, customer service and problem-solving skills
When you work with UnitedHealthcare, what you do matters. It's that simpleâ€¦and it's that challenging.
In providing consumer-oriented health benefit plans to millions of people, our goal is to create higher quality care, lower costs and greater access to health care. Join us and you will be empowered to achieve new levels of excellence and make a profound and personal impact as you contribute to new innovations in a vital and complex system.
Regardless of your role at UnitedHealthcare, the support you feel all around you will enable you to do what you do with energy, integrity, and confidence. So take the first step in what is sure to be a fast paced and highly diversified career.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment. In addition, employees in certain positions are subject to random drug testing.
UnitedHealth Group - 19 months ago
When you work to better people’s lives, one of those lives will always be yours.
We have modest goals: Improve the lives of...