Find all our positions at www.iSphere.net
iSphere is a Texas-based IT services firm that partners with clients to provide the necessary resources to meet critical IT and business goals. We started over 10 years ago on a foundation of trust and have built our client relationships directly with the hiring managers. iSphere is committed in satisfying their clients with the best possible candidates and just as important we want to satisfy our engaged consultants with the respect and care they deserve.
The reason why iSphere is successful is because we help the strongest candidates make their step to a successful career sooner.
WHAT IS THE NEXT STEP IN YOUR CAREER???
If you are looking to advance your career with a notable client, there has been no better time than now to submit your resume and connect to iSphere!
Stay up to date with iSphere at our LinkedIn group at www.isphere.net/linkedin
Do you know someone who you can recommend to do this job?
Our Houston, Texas global oil and gas firm is looking to add a SME with SourceFire Intrusion Expertise.
As part of the IT&S Digital Security team, an Information Security Engineer will review complex security issues, engineer workable, repeatable solutions and implement these to match business requirements. The Information Security Engineer leverages state-of-the-art security technologies such as IDS, Firewall and SIEM to provide protection of clients Group assets
IDS installation, configuration, troubleshooting, management including the creation of custom rules; preferably in an enterprise environment using SourceFire and/or Snort and network TAPs.
- Subject Matter Expert for SourceFire Intrusion Detection System; including SourceFire Defence Center, SourceFire 3D Sensors and all facets of IDS policy configuration and rule creation.
- Subject Matter Expert for UNIX / Linux operating systems and security configurations.
- Lead the Cyber Threat Intelligence Service, including threat landscape monitoring, threat feed processes and integrating third-party Intel into the client's defense systems.
- Primary responsibility for daily management of the client's Threat Intelligence systems.
- Develop and support custom tools and/or scripts facilitating security testing, forensic analysis and other ad-hoc tasks.
- Contribute to discussions with project/program teams ensuring Architecture Quality Plans and activities for the Security Architecture of projects related to Security Monitoring are complete and accurate.
Benefits are offered for this position!
- Experience in large globally distributed data center infrastructure security designs including layered firewall and network segregation using Check Point, Juniper, Cisco FWSM, switches and VLANs.
- Expert knowledge of UNIX and Linux operating systems.
- Advanced programming experience in Perl, PHP, C/C++ as well as custom UNIX scripting.
- Advanced knowledge of Windows operating system.
- Secure tunneling protocol, design and configuration knowledge including IPSEC and SSL VPNs.
- Working experience with LAN/WAN device configuration, monitoring, design and troubleshooting.
- Advanced knowledge of networking technology and protocols including but not limited to IP, TCP, UDP, ISDN, Ethernet, L2TP, ICMP, IPSec, BGP, OSPF, HTTP/S, SMTP, NFS/SMB, NTP, Radius, TACAS, LDAP and MPLS.
- Knowledge and experience in symmetric and asymmetric cryptography, hash functions and PKI.
- Penetration testing and vulnerability assessment including the design and implementation of full vulnerability assessment services for a globally diverse resource base.
- Security Certification – one or more of GSEC, GCIH, CISSP, CISM, IISP, CCSE, CCSA, GCFA
- 5+ years of experience in large, globally-distributed data center environments with emphasis on infrastructure security designs.
- 3+ years of working with large scale intrusion detection/prevention infrastructure (IDS/IPS).
- Sourcefire Certified Intrusion Detection Professional preferable.
- Working knowledge of network TAP devices and configuration.
- 2+ years working with SIEM technology
- Snort, Splunk and other security monitoring tools are considered a plus.
- Good project management skills.
- Working knowledge of change and release management in a large scale data center environment.
Find out why now is a great time to join the iSphere Team of Consultants!
Be Seen First With iSphere!
ZipRecruiter - 17 months ago