This position reports into the Design Methodology group and will be part of a team that is responsible for the creation of Design Methodology solutions for Advanced Technology nodes (20nm and beyond). You’ll play a leadership role in collaborating with EDA vendors, foundry technologists and design teams to define and implement design flows to support both internal and external customers that address unique challenges at the most advanced nodes.
We’re seeking a self-starter who can play a hands on leadership role in the development of 3DIC design solutions for GLOBALFOUNDRIES customers. The ideal candidate will have held a senior level hands-on CAD/Design methodology roles. This is a tremendous opportunity for a talented engineer to play a role at the forefront of the next generation of design challenges.
· Lead the creation of 2.5D and 3D IC design methodologies.
· Collaborate with EDA vendors to enable optimal solutions for GLOBALFOUNDRIES customers designed 3D IC chips.
· Identify and champion methodology enhancements to address design and technology challenges.
· Provide guidance and support to designer engineers usage of CAD flows and tools at GLOBALFOUNDRIES in the design of 3DIC chips.
· Provide overall flow and tool expertise and leadership to support custom flow from schematic entry through layout, simulation, extraction and verification.
· Design and development of CAD flows for Analog/Mixed-Signal/RF design/Digital with emphasis on Back End flows.
· In depth knowledge of 3DIC flows.
· Deep expertise in associated EDA tools (including physical design, extraction and DRC).
· Demonstrated ability to define solutions to complex problems.
· Strong technical interest and possess strong analytical problem-solving, and a keen orientation for details.
· Good relationship building skills and spoken/presentation skills.
· Expertise in scripting and customization e.g. SKILL, tcl, and/or Perl.
· Strong written and oral communications in English.
· PhD +5 years, MSEE +10 years, or BSEE +15 years of relevant experience.
GLOBALFOUNDRIES is the world’s first full-service semiconductor foundry with a truly global footprint. Launched in March 2009, the company has quickly achieved scale as the second largest foundry in the world, providing a unique combination of advanced technology and manufacturing to more than 160 customers. With operations in Singapore, Germany and the United States, GLOBALFOUNDRIES is the only foundry that offers the flexibility and security of manufacturing centers spanning three continents. The company’s three 300mm fabs and five 200mm fabs provide the full range of process technologies from mainstream to the leading edge. This global manufacturing footprint is supported by major facilities for research, development and design enablement located near hubs of semiconductor activity in the United States, Europe and Asia. GLOBALFOUNDRIES is owned by the Advanced Technology Investment Company (ATIC).
For more information on GLOBALFOUNDRIES, visit www.globalfoundries.com
GLOBAL FOUNDRIES is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) employer Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran (M/F/D/V).
GLOBALFOUNDRIES - 7 months ago