- Transfer of Dresden and Singapore analytical knowledge and experience on 32nm and below foundry technologies to Fab 8
- Co-ordination of analytical resources (include off-site as needed) to ensure rapid and accurate results for the manufacturing ramp
- Definition and qualification of required analytical equipment for both production and development
- Complete analysis of samples for equipment and process qualifications
- Thorough and effective analysis of failures for customer quality, yield improvement, technology development and operations.
- Identification of optimum analytical approaches to critical fab problems
- Innovation in the use of new analytical tools, equipment, and methodologies
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Materials Science, Solid State Physics, Analytical Chemistry or related technical field
- Minimum of 8 years experience in semiconductor failure and materials analysis, including TEM, FIB-SEM, and SEM.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to explain failures to customers
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively within a global matrixed team environment
- Experience in a wide range of analytical techniques is highly desirable
- Experience in advanced technology (32nm node or below) is strongly preferred
- Experience in product, integration, process, or reliability engineering is a bonus
- M.S. or Ph.D. strongly preferred
GLOBAL FOUNDRIES is the world’s first full-service semiconductor foundry with a truly global footprint. Launched in March 2009, the company has quickly achieved scale as the second largest foundry in the world, providing a unique combination of advanced technology and manufacturing to more than 160 customers. With operations in Singapore, Germany and the United States, GLOBALFOUNDRIES is the only foundry that offers the flexibility and security of manufacturing centers spanning three continents. The company’s three 300mm fabs and five 200mm fabs provide the full range of process technologies from mainstream to the leading edge. This global manufacturing footprint is supported by major facilities for research, development and design enablement located near hubs of semiconductor activity in the United States, Europe and Asia. GLOBALFOUNDRIES is owned by the Advanced Technology Investment Company (ATIC).
For more information on GLOBALFOUNDRIES, visit www.globalfoundries.com
GLOBAL FOUNDRIES is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) employer Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran (M/F/D/V).