Under broad direction, leads and coordinates the design, development, implementation, operation, and/or optimization of multiple complex systems, processes, and methodologies; defines cost projections, implementation dates, customization requirements, and completion criteria; reviews infrastructure designs, selects standards, and creates integrated plans and configurations; applies deep expertise in disciplines such as legacy evolution, industry frameworks, data modeling, facility planning, and enterprise resource planning; researches, evaluates, and stays current on emerging trends; coaches, mentors, and provides technical leadership to team members.
In this position, the Telephone CO Advanced Technician works closely with Sandia staff to provide advanced telephone switch operations support and leadership. Plan and coordinate with Sandia project lead changes to the telephone switch and related equipment prior to implementation. Operate and modify the 5ESS, remote 5ESS nodes, and associated equipment.
Troubleshoot and repair/replace defective telephone system equipment. Assist with technical expertise, development and management of specifications, and documentation of aspects of the telephone system. Implement and monitor telephone system preventive maintenance program.
Work with support contract personnel (vendor tech assistance and consultants) for repairs and telephony re-engineering. Update and maintain appropriate and required documentation of telephone system including changes and reasons for changes, using Sandia-defined procedures and locations. Participate in telephone technology investigations to determine feasibility and acceptability for Sandia/NM and NNSA/ABQ application.
· Fostering of excellent relations with the Customer and the team on behalf of MTS.
- Operational experience making telephone switch and distribution frame changes, including frame patches and disconnects
- Operational experience responding to and resolving telephone trouble calls
- Operational experience monitoring telephone system alarms
- Operational experience maintaining 5ESS and Avaya 8730 switches, Alcatel Omni VoIP system, 5ESS nodes, and auxiliary switches
- Operational experience supporting telephone equipment changes and installations
- Operational experience with ACD systems – including system setup, maintenance, and troubleshooting
- Operational experience testing, verifying, and documenting changes to telephone system equipment
- Operational experience responding to and resolving telephone switch problems
- 2-3 years operational experience developing, planning and implementing configuration changes for telephone switching equipment and software
- Knowledgeable of overall telephone system technology concepts
- 2-3 years operational experience operating and maintaining a 5ESS and Avaya enterprise systems
- 2-3 years operational experience planning and implementing VoIP systems
- Experience successfully directing projects in an integrated IT service area environment
· Must have excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite experience
· Must have excellent understanding of CO Switching systems
· Lucent 5ESS and Avaya CM Certifications
· Must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q Clearance.
· Strong computer skills with emphasis on applications are required.
· Ability to successfully handle multiple priorities simultaneously is required.
· Must be a US citizen with a valid passport
· Ability to work extremely flexible hours and support on-call duties and shift work may be required.
· A valid driver’s license is required.