Under general direction, follows established procedures to configure and maintain hardware, operating software, and business applications; uses manual and automated methods to control information processing, identifies technical faults, and attempts initial problem resolution; participates in team problem solving and root cause analysis; composes and updates operational documentation such as checklists, procedure charts, and status reports; understands and complies with record keeping requirements, protocols, and standards; demonstrates general knowledge and proficiency with computing and/or telecommunications technologies; and recommends continuous improvement activities.
In this position, the Telephone IMAC Field Support Technician will perform Telephone IMAC services for DOE/NNSA at the Albuquerque DOE/NNSA site. NNSA/ABQ telephone system. IMAC (installation, moves, add, and changes) operations. NNSA/ABQ OSP cable operations. NNSA/ABQ voicemail system IMAC operations.
· Fostering of excellent relations with the Customer and the team on behalf of MTS.
· 1-year experience installing and maintaining wire and cable infrastructure in an environment equivalent in scope and complexity to Sandia
· Operational knowledge of the basics of a three-tier network architecture
· Operational knowledge of the basics of passive-optical network architectures
· Knowledge of industry standards for installation and maintenance of communications infrastructure components (cable and electronic components)
· Operational experience supporting telephone and network equipment changes and installations
· Operational experience testing, verifying, and documenting changes to telephone and network system equipment
· Ability to follow documented procedures in the execution of daily activities
· Ability to track circuit detail
· Must have computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite experience
· Must have an understanding of the OSI model
· Familiarity in the operation of the following test equipment:
o 3M Dynatel Advanced Pipe/Cable Locator 2220M
o ARNCO 2005 TM3050 Reel Trailer
o ARNCO 2004 Tension Master 2000 Fiber Tugger
o Butler 1995 HWSC-10 Reel Trailer
o EXFO FOT-910 Fiber Optic Tester
o Fluke CABLEIQ
o Fluke DSP-4000-DSP4000SR
o Fluke FT600 FiberInspector
o Fluke OPTIFIBER
o FIBO Interferometer
o Fujikura ARC Fusion Splicer FSM 60S
o Fujikura ARC-50S Fusion Splicer
o Fujikura Fusion Splicer FSM-30R
o LFD-300/TG-300 FiberFinder
o Norland CC6000 Interferometer
o Noyes M100 OTDR
o Noyes M600 OTDR
o Noyes Turbotest 400 Multimode tester
o Noyes T50B-4T SM Fiber Tester
o Team Fenex 2003 Fost Fiber Trailer
o Throwmaster 102A Cable Test Set
· Must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q Clearance.
· Strong computer skills with emphasis on applications are required.
· Ability to successfully handle multiple priorities simultaneously is required.
· Must be a US citizen with a valid passport
· Ability to work extremely flexible hours and support on-call duties and shift work may be required.
· A valid driver’s license is required.
Mutual Telecom Services Inc. (MTS) - 12 months ago