Under general direction, follows established procedures to configure and maintain hardware, operating software, and business applications; uses manual and automated methods to control information processing, identifies technical faults, and attempts initial problem resolution; participates in team problem solving and root cause analysis; composes and updates operational documentation such as checklists, procedure charts, and status reports; understands and complies with record keeping requirements, protocols, and standards; demonstrates general knowledge and proficiency with computing and/or telecommunications technologies; and recommends continuous improvement activities.
In this position, the Telephone IMAC CO Technician conducts work at a pre-scheduled time at the CO, on the 5ESS, remote service systems, and at distribution frames. Make changes to the 5ESS to support station equipment changes and installations via ‘Recent Change’. Make changes to the remote service systems to support station equipment changes and installations via VoIP ‘Omni’ and ‘Definity’ systems. Install distribution frame patches and perform disconnects at the telephone switch. Change telephone features as requested via the Sandia ticketing system. Update the cable plant description, equipment inventory and location documentation using established Sandia procedures and Sandia supplied databases. Document work performed (including issues) in service request workflow log prior to closing service request or transitioning work to another team.
· Fostering of excellent relations with the Customer and the team on behalf of MTS.
· Operational experience making telephone switch and distribution frame changes, including frame patches and disconnects
· Operational experience responding to and resolving telephone trouble calls
· Operational experience monitoring telephone system alarms
· Operational experience maintaining 5ESS and Avaya 8730 switches, Alcatel Omni VoIP system, 5ESS nodes, and auxiliary switches
· Operational experience supporting telephone equipment changes and installations
· Operational experience with ACD systems – including system setup, maintenance and troubleshooting
· Operational experience testing, verifying, and documenting changes to telephone system equipment
· Operational experience responding to and resolving telephone switch problems
· Must have strong computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite experience
· Must have an understanding of the OSI model
· Training/Certs on the following systems: Lucent 5ESS, Avaya CM, Alcatel Omni
· Must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q Clearance.
· Strong computer skills with emphasis on applications are required.
· Ability to successfully handle multiple priorities simultaneously is required.
· Must be a US citizen with a valid passport
· Ability to work extremely flexible hours and support on-call duties and shift work may be required.
· A valid driver’s license is required.
Mutual Telecom Services Inc. (MTS) - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard