1-3 years experience preferred
Social Work Care Coordinator - Emergency Department
Core Social Worker Care Coordinator ED functions include: supportive counseling, crisis intervention care coordination of patients and/or families presenting in the Emergency Department and determination of patient admission status. The care coordination function involves care management and resource mobilization in collaboration with the emergency medical team to ensure timely and safe discharges of patients who have been medically cleared. The supportive counseling function may overlap with the care coordination function but is targeted to patients who have very complex needs and present frequently at the ED due to emotional, mental health, alcohol and substance use problems, and/or lack of social support. This function includes crisis intervention with patients and family members cope with the trauma associated with an emergency medical situation. The determination of patient admission status function involves applying InterQual inpatient screening criteria to patients when the plan is for a patient to stay overnight and obtaining inpatient or observation orders as appropriate.
- Graduate from accredited School of Social Work Required .
- MSW Required .
- Knowledge of InterQual preferred.
- Medical social work experience preferred.
- ACSW, LCSW, LMSW preferred.
- National Certification in Case Management preferred.
- Ability to work effectively on multi-disciplinary team.
- Skill in support counseling, assessment, and intervention skills.
- Skill in case management and discharge planning.
- Skill in crisis intervention.
- Ability to acquire complex technical knowledge-base.
Serving half the state of Arizona and employing nearly 3,000 people—including 300 physicians—Northern Arizona Healthcare is the...