POSITION SUMMARY: The Software Support Lead is responsible for the technical and product support for our commercial software application. Provides exceptional first line support for our customer base and acts as the single point of contact from start to finish. The lead will have the discipline to manage the day-to-day support operations and the strong technical skills to provide exceptional support to our customers effectively. Will create quality documentation to provide to our client base, maintain current and relevant support articles, develop a web based support portal for self service, and develop opportunities to reduce the overall need of support.
Software Support: 75%
• Manage all aspects of software support services: planning and performance reporting, streamlining support
resolution processes, escalation of priority issues, and provide support for implementation and deployment of products
• Manage and ensure the support group meets established deadlines and service level agreements
• Prioritize issues and assignments involving coordination of resources with other internal divisions
• Partner with the Development team to keep them informed of escalated technical issues within their customer group
• Communicate resolution details with customers and internal resources
• Manage knowledge and documentation of products and proprietary information to improve customer support
• Define\document implementation standards, installation procedures and training on all supported environments
Process and Knowledge Management: 25%
• Design and enforce request handling and escalation policies and procedures.
• Identify, develop, and implement end user training programs, user guides and/or help sheets to decrease support issues and create self-sufficiency of user base
• Design policies and standard operating procedures that outline how problems are identified, documented, assigned and corrected
• Maintain a database of FAQ and technical documents for consistent problem solving and self-help.
• Create an online knowledgebase and community for the customer population to use self-service and find quality documentation and support.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Systems, MIS, Business, or related field preferred.
• Experience with Software support, knowledge management, and service oriented.
• Strong communication and problem solving ability.
• High degree of accountability and responsibility for your work.
• Ability to interpret abstract technical ideas and concepts effectively
• General PC office skills with: MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS project, Outlook.
• Demonstrate strong customer service focus and ability to establish and maintain a high level of user trust and confidence.
• Works well with others and can foster a team approach for solution development.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL FUNCTIONS:
• Frequent lifting up to 30 lbs.
This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
Mistras Group, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Systems, MIS, Business, or related field preferred.
Experience: Experience with Software support, knowledge management, and service oriented.
MISTRAS Group, Inc. - 9 months ago
Mistras Group, Inc. (Mistras) is a global provider of technology-enabled, non-destructive testing (NDT) solutions used to evaluate the...