The Software Trainer is responsible for end user training for our commercial software application PCMS. Provide in-depth and engaging classroom training programs at remote and in-house locations. Develops informative, consistent and tested training materials that maximize the learning of the students and prepares them for successful usage. Develop online material including best practices, webinars, and FAQ’s to be published for ongoing education for current users. Additional responsibilities include providing software support for level 2 issues and providing Quality Assurance duties for new software enhancements and releases.
• Schedule and manage end-user training for new implementations as well as re-training or professional services. Includes hands-on classroom instruction, software demonstrations and briefings and workshops.
• Define\document Training standards, delivery techniques and training materials
• Develops expert level knowledge of our software application and the configuration to best meet desired results.
• Develop materials for trainings, group discussions, demonstrations, and workshops based on the needs of the department and /or clients using the most effective approaches, techniques and methods.
• Develop educational “quick guides”, “how to” manuals and cheat sheets
• Develop modular web based training courses for clients to educate themselves at their own pace.
• Manage knowledge and documentation of products and proprietary information to improve customer support efforts
• Identify, develop, and implement end user training programs, user guides and/or help sheets to decrease support issues and create self-sufficiency of user base
• Create content for an online knowledgebase and community for the customer population to use self-service and find quality documentation and support.
• Creates, modifies and owns Software internal Help file
• Develops product technical articles and upcoming release documents
• Provide quality assurance to the development team for new product changes and releases
Essential Education/Attributes/Work Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
• 2+ years experience with classroom training.
• Experience with presentation and classroom tools such as Camtasia, Captivate, etc.
• Strong communication and problem solving ability.
• High degree of accountability and responsibility for your work.
• Ability to interpret abstract technical ideas and concepts effectively
• General PC office skills with: MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS project, Outlook.
• Demonstrate strong customer service focus and ability to establish and maintain a high level of user trust and confidence.
• Works well with others and can foster a team approach for solution development.
• Travel up to 30%
Mistras Group, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Experience: 2+ years experience with classroom training.
MISTRAS Group, Inc. - 19 months ago
Mistras Group, Inc. (Mistras) is a global provider of technology-enabled, non-destructive testing (NDT) solutions used to evaluate the...