Under general direction, this position is responsible for the proactive review, analysis and final response preparation of business opportunities created through RFPs, RFI, and RFQs. In addition to responsibilities for the analysis of pricing data, evaluation of business opportunities, maintaining a database of previous responses and reporting/tracking the performance of direct, agency and Sales Manager opportunities.
• Coordinate execution of RFPs, RFIs and RFQs from inception to conclusion with sales management, the respective Sales Manager, contract administration department and/or any other internal or external stockholders.
• Provide sales management with analysis and recommendations for pricing decisions to drive incremental profitable revenue.
• Provide consultative sales support to sales team where appropriate.
• Maintain opportunity status tracking to provide insight and recommendations.
• Develop process improvements for handling RFPs, RFIs, and RFQs.
• Maintain and provide analysis of data pertaining to reasons for wins and losses on RFPs, RFIs, and RFQs.
• Evaluate and review key strategic account RFP, RFQ and RFI submissions to ensure strategic objectives and growth initiatives are realized.
• Other duties as assigned by management
Required Minimum Qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or related field; or, an equivalent combination of education and relevant business experience.
• Thorough knowledge of the logistics and transportation industries.
• Strong understanding of the RFP, RFI and RFQ process.
• Proficient in Microsoft office with strong skill sets in Microsoft Word, Excel, Project and Power Point.
• Highly effective analytical and written/verbal communication skills.
• Ability to investigate complex business problems, develop effective recommendations, and present solutions in a highly professional and tactful manner.
• The ability to excel in a team environment and play a leadership role when necessary.
• Highly organized and able to set priorities.
• Ability to access, enter, modify, retrieve and analyze data
• Ability to read, write and speak the English language and compose professional correspondence.
• Some travel may be required
Skills and Abilities:
Strong interpersonal skills ability, self starter, creative, result/goal oriented, detail oriented, strong business acumen.
Preferred Additional Qualifications:
Experience with corporate/national account RFPs, RFIs, RFQs professional response preparation and the logistics industry.
Experience in supply chain analysis tools and modeling execution is a plus.
UniGroup, Inc. - 16 months ago