The Sous Chef is responsible for the food quality, customer satisfaction, employee training and satisfaction, kitchen cleanliness, food cost and payroll cost control, and providing a safe working environment. The Sous Chef is accountable for the delegation on work everyday, communicating with Service Professionals about business and specials, food quality and the timing of food, food presentation, food and payroll cost and the cleanliness of the kitchen.
- Culinary degree preferred and at least 3 years experience at a management or supervisory level in a luxury hotel or fine dining restaurant.
- Electric slicer, buffalo chopper, cusinart mixer, Waring commercial blender, kitchen cutlery, ovens/ broilers, range tops, kettle steamer, Till fryer/ deep fryer, chafing dishes, salamander, scales, can opener, Carter Hoffman, meat grinder, cheese and vegetable shredder, Hobart mixer and chopper, vegetable steamer/ steam table, convection ovens, deck ovens.
- Long hours sometimes may be required. Medium work – Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 20 pounds of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Must work well in stressful, high-pressure situations.
- Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
- Must be effective at handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying, and solving problems as necessary.
- Must have the ability to assimilate complex information, data, etc. from disparate sources and consider, adjust, or modify to meet the constraints of a particular need.
- Must be effective at listening to understanding, and clarifying the concerns and issues raised by coworkers and guests.
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data, and basic arithmetic functions
- Second language, ServeSafe Sanitation course, Ice Carving and leadership skills
Star Trac - 19 months ago