Description of the Position:
Supervise the overall food operation in assigned kitchen, including supervising and directing team members in their daily job functions and in their appropriate assigned areas. Responsible for the preparation of all foods during an assigned shift, ensuring the efficiency of the kitchen operation on a scheduled shift is completed in accordance with Company specifications and standards. Carries out responsibilities with minimal direction and exercises good judgment to achieve desired results.
Primary Duties, Responsibilities, and Tasks:
• All team members are obligated to support and uphold the Valley View Casino’s Standards of Excellence as outlined in the Team Member Guide to Success.
• Maintain positive guest relations at all times, resolving guest complaints and ensuring guest satisfaction. Greet guests in a courteous and caring manner using personalized service.
• Monitor staff for outstanding customer interaction and personalized service.
• Under the direction of the Executive Chef and/or Room Chef, ensure that the kitchen operations of the assigned location are consistent with the strategic plans and vision of the department.
• Maximizes cost effectiveness within the assigned kitchen area by ensuring compliance with established budget, labor and revenue benchmarks.
• Responsible for the accuracy of all time, attendance and variance records, as well as equitable scheduling of all shifts.
• Ensure guest complaints and problems are resolved and requests for special services are carried out.
• Responsible for preparing, seasoning, finishing, and garnishing all visible food used on the line, and preparation is in accordance with established recipes.
• Performs as a Team Member with, Line Cooks, Dishwashers, Supervisors, Servers, Utility, and pertinent company Team Members in producing a smoothly and efficiently run operation on a scheduled shift.
• Answers questions of guests regarding food selections.
• Follows all recipes and quality control procedures.
• Monitor the work productivity of kitchen staff and address and document any areas below departmental standards.
• Provide regular feedback to direct reports on specific job responsibilities and guest service.
• Ensure that all needed supplies and equipment are readily available.
• Distributes workload fairly and evenly to those assigned to the station.
• Conducts daily huddles and schedules meetings with all direct reports as necessary.
• Responsible for ensuring that current safety rules and regulations are followed by all Team Members under span of control.
• Responsible for maintaining a clean and sanitary area at all times in full accordance with State Health Regulations.
• Responsible for complying with all food and beverage health, liquor and safety regulations; as well as all federal, state and local applicable laws.
• Other duties as assigned by Executive Chef and/or Room Chef.
• Responsible for conducting all responsibilities in a professional and ethical manner.
• Responsible for maintaining a consistent, regular attendance record.
• Supervises any Team Member(s) under span of control.
• Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training Team Members; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and coaching and/or correcting Team Members; addressing complaints and resolving problems toward a non biased outcome.
• High school diploma or GED equivalent.
• Two years of experience in a culinary management position.
• Two years of technical school training or equivalent training.
• Ability to type 35 words per minute or more.
• Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office software programs.
• Ability to communicate effectively in a positive manner using English in both written and oral form.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule including all shifts, weekends and holidays.
• Ability to stand on a hard surface for long periods of time.
• Leadership skills including having the confidence and ability to articulate clear and precise direction.
• Ability to build and further create a positive work environment with open communication and consistency.
• Ability to maintain and advance camaraderie throughout the outlet.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instruction, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
• Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as addition subtraction and multiplication tables.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with a wide audience.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Must apply for, receive, and maintain a Gaming License from the Tribal Gaming Agency.
• Must successfully pass a drug screening test.
• Must be able to successfully pass applicable auditions or skill testing.
• Will be required to carry a company provided cell-phone at all times to receive and respond to work related calls.
• Culinary degree.
• Bi-lingual in a second language.
• Previous experience working in a gaming environment.
• Demonstrated experience in the art of coaching for success.
Physical Requirements of the Position:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Clear vision (close, distant, color, peripheral, and depth perception) is needed for navigating office and casino environments, reading and reviewing reports and policies, operating data processing equipment and other essential job functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is regularly required to talk and hear.
• The Team Member is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, manipulate, handle, or feel.
• The Team Member is frequently required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell.
• The Team Member must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• The Casino is open 24 hours per day, seven (7) days per week; therefore, you must be flexible to work any and all shifts.
• While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is exposed to second hand tobacco smoke, moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles.
• The Team Member is usually subject to inside environmental conditions, which provide protection from weather conditions, but not necessarily from temperature changes.
• The Team Member is occasionally subject to outside environmental conditions and to wet and/or humid conditions.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. When on the casino floor, the noise level increases to loud.
• Native American hiring preference applies.
• This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be instructed by management to perform other tasks or functions.
• You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description and your ability to commit to the Standards of Excellence.
• Management has the right to revise this job description at any time.
• The job description is not a contract for employment.