The Massage Therapist is responsible for guest satisfaction in the spa by performing services to the best of their ability and maintaining all spa standards throughout all procedures. Appointments will occur at reserved time with no delay. The massage therapist will maintain the cleanliness of the treatment rooms in a professional manner at all times and follow all established protocols and checklists to enhance the operation and guest experience.
* Demonstrate full knowledge of the spa's massage and body treatments and the products used, their benefits, and ingredients and be able to communicate these to guests
* Provide excellent massage and body services to all spa guests
* Follow all established treatment protocols for the proper and consistent execution and do so within specified timelines and without deviation
* Assist guests with retail product selections and educate them on correct use
* Meet or exceed retail goals
* Display professional appearance and conduct at all times with both guests and employees
* Assist in other areas of spa as needed including reception and retail areas
*Provide demonstration massage and body treatments and assist in services training for other hotel personnel
* Assist in inventory control
* Be available for on-call appointments within a minimum of eight hours notice; must arrive 15 minutes prior to shift to set up room for first appointment
* Work varying shifts based on business needs including holidays and weekends
*Comply with all policies and procedures; Performs other duties as assigned
* A current, valid state massage therapy license recognized by the governing board of Michigan. Nationally certified preferred, not required.
* Minimum of 800 hours of training at a recognized massage school.
* At least one year experience in an upscale spa operation.
* Ability to remain calm and organized in busy environment.
* Physically able to stand, bend, lean, and walk for up to 10 hours. Able to lift and carry up to 20 pounds.
* CPR certification required.
MotorCity Casino - 22 months ago