CDC Development Solutions, a nonprofit economic development firm based in Washington, DC, is seeking an experienced professional for a Program Manager position. This position requires a background in program management, experience working in business development focused on international companies, and the ability to monitor and evaluate a wide range of complex programs. Native Spanish speaking candidates with a background in Latin America are highly encouraged to apply. For more information on CDS, please visit www.cdcdevelopmentsolutions.org .
KEY POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Program Manager will be responsible for day-to-day management of CDS' International Corporate Volunteer (ICV) programs, will manage key client relationships, and will participate in development of new business in Latin America, Africa, the Middle East, Eastern Europe, and Asia. Key responsibilities include:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Manage all aspects of ICV programs: including travel to target countries for program preparation, design, development of project scopes of work, facilitation of team preparation and travel arrangements, and reporting on program impact.
- Ensure ICV programs are responsive to corporate and stakeholder needs, and that all programs are completed on time, on budget, and meet targeted deliverables.
- Travel to the field to conduct program audits, lead strategic planning sessions, improve training and service delivery of ICV programs, monitor progress toward deliverables, and work with staff and clients to ensure that programs are on track.
- Capture and share success stories and lessons learned that strengthen CDS' existing and planned programs with corporations, organizations, and other stakeholders through social media and other avenues as appropriate.
- Manage partnering agreements and negotiations with potential corporations and clients.
- Identify sources of funding, new business opportunities, and potential partner organizations for new and/or existing programs.
- Manage key corporate client relationships and programs including budgets, invoicing, expansion plans, resource allocation, reporting, and forcasting.
US Citizen or Permanent US employment authorization required
Bachelor's degree in relevant field with at least seven years of experience (MA or MBA Preferred)
In-depth knowledge of at least one specific technical area related to CDS programs and services (community development, enterprise development, monitoring and evaluation, value-chains, market development, corporate social responsibility, etc.)
Strong writing and organizational skills and attention to detail
Ability to travel up to 35% to Africa, Middle East, Asia, Eastern Europe, and Latin America.
Native Spanish language proficiency a must. Portuguese is a plus.
Experience working with cross cultural teams and/or skills-based volunteer programs.
Manage multiple projects simultaneously and the ability to problem solve and suggest program improvements.
Overseas work experience, ability to work independently as well as in teams, and demonstrated interest in the private sector.
SALARY: This is a full time salaried position with excellent benefits. Pay range for this position is competitive.