Supply Process Distribution
I. Position Summary:
Responsible for the cleanliness of all hospital prepared supplies and equipment. Responsible for inventory and restocking of special patient carts. Responsible for issuing and distributing supplies to nursing units and various other departments upon request. Responsible for the receiving and distributing of supplies received after hours and on weekends. Responsible for restocking of the par carts on weekends.
II. Position Relationships:
A. Responsible to: Supply Processing Distribution Supervisor
B. Workers Supervised: None
C. Interrelationships: Works closely with all departments. personnel,
unit clerks, transport and nursing. Occasional contact with physicians, families, patients, sales and service representative.
III. Responsibilities and Authorities:
1. Adhere to all hospital policies including personnel handbook.
2. Adhere to Quality Assurance Criteria and JCAHO standards for the Supply Processing and Distribution Department.
3. Follow detailed departmental policies and procedure to assure that all supplies and equipment are clean and/or sterile and are ready for patients as needed.
4. Properly distribute/transfer all items that has been ordered by Nursing Units.
B. Work Performed:
1. Performs other duties as assigned by the department's management staff.
2. As patient care and/or Hospital need dictates, both the assigned shift and work station may be changed by the department.
3. Participates in and promotes the “I CARE Advantage” service philosophy of Integrity, Customer Centered, Accountability, Respect and Excellence.
4. Performs essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodations.
5. Input all patient charges accurately in MMIS software or charge posting daily.
6. Assist in ordering of supplies from the Storeroom and special order items.
7. Must wear the proper protective equipment when working in the decontamination room. This includes but is not limited to the following:
c. Mask with face shield; and
d. Proper gloves. No exam or surgeon gloves may be worn when working in the decontamination room.
8. Quantities of supplies ordered shall be pulled from stock using correct procedure and delivered to the appropriate area. All supplies will be removed from the carton before delivering to the appropriate area. Supplies/Equipment will not be delivered to any area of the hospital in its original shipping box or container.
9. Par level areas carts shall be counted and restocked daily, according to the Par Cart list. Cycle counts of the par level areas will be conducted according to schedule.
10. Responsible for doing the Post, Pick, and Close in the Inventory Management System each shift.
11. Patient’s equipment is picked up five times a day and cleaned. Other rounds may be needed if no equipment is available. Equipment needing repair is taken to Clinical Engineering daily.
12. Responsible for assisting in inventory at least once a year and audits of the inventory.
13. Responsible for restocking of special carts. All checklists must be filled out correctly with all blanks at the top of the page filled in. All changes will be turned into the supervisor.
14. Responsible for the cleanliness of Supply Processing Distribution Department:
a. All par level areas shall be cleaned at least weekly.
b. Check expiration daily and rotate stock.
c. Area is cleaned as needed throughout the shift to keep area safe and neat.
15. Items stocked in the supply/processing/distribution are placed in the correct location when placed in the bins.
16. Responsible for entering all order entry forms and downtime forms into the MMIS software daily.
17. Issues and transfer supplies daily by using the MMIS software.
18. Employee will report all personal injuries to supervisor no matter how slight. All injuries must be reported within 24 hours and an accident report completed.
19. Employee displays a positive attitude, communicates and gets along well with co-workers.
20. Responds to customer requests in a professional, helpful matter in person and on the telephone. Answer the phone quickly and courteously.
21. Follows hospital and department policy regarding dress code and appearance.
22. Participates in ongoing, in-service education sessions and related training to increase personal knowledge of specific work issues and personal development.
IV. Performance Factors Used to Evaluate Employee:
A. All special carts are stocked correctly and the checklists are filled out completely.
B. Responsible for the cleanliness of Supply Processing Distribution Department:
a) All par level areas shall be cleaned at least weekly.
b) Check expiration daily and rotate stock.
c) Area is cleaned as needed throughout the shift to keep area safe and neat.
C. All information is done correctly in MMIS software – such as issues, charges, transfers and credits.
D. All information is done correctly in the Cart Inventory Management System – such as post, pick, and close.
E. Willingness to work when and where as needed.
F. Proper telephone courtesy.
G. Cycle counts done accordingly to schedule.
H. Order entry forms and downtime forms are entered into the MM systems daily.
High School diploma or GED equivalent.
B. Training and Experience:
Previous hospital experience preferred, on the job training will be provided. Manual dexterity and perseverance for completion of task a necessity. Excellent knowledge of MediClick Materials Management module, Healthline Solutions, McKesson Series and McKesson HOM preferred. Advanced user of Microsoft Office products; Excel, Word and Outlook.
C. Job Knowledge:
Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as the ability to follow verbal and written instructions accurately. Excellent phone skills required. Ability to innovate is critical to success. Ability to manage timelines and deadlines associated with assigned delivery schedules. Must have the ability to work in a team with individuals of varied job responsibilities.
VI. Unusual Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
A. Standing and/or walking for long periods of time.
B. Lifting, pushing and pulling of heavy objects.
C. Constant interruptions.
Medical Center Hospital - 2 years ago
Cincinnati Children's is a 423-bed institution devoted to bringing the world the joy of healthier kids. Cincinnati Children's is dedicated...