Classroom teacher for self-contained, special education class.
Teach students with Intellectual Disabilities, Autism, and/or Emotionally Disturbed.
- Classroom ratio of 6 students, one teacher, 3 teacher assistants (6:1:3).
- Organization and implementation of classroom programming including: written schedule of daily classroom activities; tracking data regarding progress toward achieving IEP goals for each student; maintaining data regarding student behavior,
- Develop structured and individualized academic programming.
- Writing and submitting weekly lesson plans that coincide with student IEP’s.
- Developing an IEP for each student including the PLEP’s and individualized goals.
- Attend and be an active participant in Annual meetings with the Committee on Special Education as well as Reevaluation meetings with the Committee on Special Education.
- Assist in the development of Functional Behavior Assessments for each student as needed.
- Assist in the development and implementation of Behavior Intervention Plan for each student as needed.
- Implement PBIS with the support of the school Psychologist in a positive and effective manner.
- Administering and writing educational evaluations as needed.
- Ensuring proper oversight of, supervision of, and providing feedback for evaluations of all classroom staff.
- Establish positive rapport with family members and guardians. Maintain records of family contact.
- Plan developmentally appropriate class trips.
- Work collaboratively with interdisciplinary team.
- Generate progress reports and teacher reports.
- Collaborate with all support staff, clinical staff and specialty area teachers.
- Maintain a safe and healthy classroom environment; ensure that classroom equipment, furniture, materials, and supplies are properly maintained, cleaned and stored.
- Generate teacher report for residential CFA meetings.
- New York State Teacher Certification in Special Education.
- Master’s degree from an accredited college or university preferred.
- Clearance from New York State Justice Center.
- Minimum of one year experience working with students with Intellectually Disabilities, Autism, and/or Emotional Disturbance.
- Maintains a high quality of work and productivity.
- Demonstrates reliability in relation to attendance.