***THIS POSTING WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL POSITION FILLED***
WORK SITES: Colorado River Counties, e.g. Yuma, Lake Havasu City, Kingman, etc.
The mission of the Department of Liquor Licenses and Control (DLLC) is to vigilantly promote the health, safety and welfare of Arizona citizens by licensing the liquor industry and assuring compliance with state liquor laws through collaboration, training, adjudication and enforcement.
The Department of Liquor Licenses and Control is recruiting for a Police Officer/Special Investigator for the Criminal Investigations Division for the Colorado River Counties.
This position requires unrestricted AZ-POST certification with preferred 4 years of police experience. Qualified applicants will be subject to an oral board, in-depth background investigation, pre-employment medical exam/drug screen and polygraph as required by the AZ-POST certification process. Only qualified applicants will be invited for an oral board. This position may include holiday and weekend work with variable work hours and in-state travel.
- Working knowledge of Title 4 and Arizona liquor laws.
- Working knowledge of criminal and civil law.
- Comprehensive knowledge of legal testimony.
- Knowledge of training techniques and their application and presentation.
- Must be detail oriented, responsible and organized.
- Must possess strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Must have the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Must pass a criminal background check.
A medical/physical evaluation is required prior to appointment
- Performs specialized liquor law enforcement (Title 4);
- Conduct investigations;
- Issue citations and warnings;
- Provide training to various law enforcement personnel;
- Testify before the State Liquor Board, Office of Administrative Hearings and Superior court.
- Prepare written reports;
- Document findings;
- Prepare recommendations for management;
- Schedule appointments; and
- Assist with the preparation of documents, evidence and exhibits for hearings and other adjudication forums.
The State of Arizona provides an excellent comprehensive benefits package, including a top-ranked retirement plan, low-cost health and dental coverage, supplemental policies such as vision and short-term disability, and generous leave programs. Our work environment offers multiple training opportunities and encourages career development. To submit your resume for consideration, please click the "APPLY" button below.
- All newly hired employees will be subject to the E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification Program.
Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
AGENCY JOB BOARD ID: NSA
State of Arizona - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard