Radiation Operator Certification/General Radiography
3-5 years of experience required
- Job Summary
- The Heart Cath/Special Procedures Tech assists cardiologists and radiologists in providing patient services using diagnostic and interventional techniques. Performs technical procedures to obtain radiographic films of various portions of the body using recognized radiographical techniques. Assists physicians in diagnosis of diseases and injuries with a minimum of ionizing radiation being applied. Exhibits the F.I.R.S.T. values (Friendliness, Innovation, Respect, Service, and Trust)
- Working Conditions, Hazards and Physical Effort
- Works in a radiation exposure area. Exposure to infectious materials, cuts, and abrasions from equipment. A flexible work schedule is required. Constant physical activity. Strenuous activity involved with moving equipment and lifting patients. Must be able to lift 25 lbs. independently and wear lead apron for extended period of time.
- Minimum Qualifications or Equivalents
- Education: Graduate of AMA approved school of Radiologic Technologists. Basic Arrythmia interpretation. ACLS preferred.
- Experience: Minimum of three (3) years as staff radiographer.
- EQUIPMENT USED/SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED: Ability to operate radiation exposure equipment and computers.
- Licenses, Certifications, and/or Registrations
- Registered by the American Registry of Radiologic Techs. Must maintain current KY Radiation Operators General Certificate from the Department for Human Resources.