Work among the very best. Be part of the multidisciplinary team that is the hallmark of an academic medical center. Thrive in a dynamic environment of clinical excellence, constant learning, and leading edge medical research. The Radiology Department is staffed with Board Certified Diagnostic Radiologists, Interventional Radiologists, and Nuclear Medicine Physicians dedicated to providing quality patient care.
We currently have an opening for Special Procedures Technologist.
- Injects diagnostic x-ray contrast agents through a catheter into blood vessels, biliary ducts, renal collecting system or abscesses.
- Positions patient for all types of procedures and provides proper immobilization.
- Attends to patient's comfort during procedures.
- Interacts with physicians and other technical staff to provide quality care.
- Identifies nursing needs and notifies nursing or physician if assistance is needed.
- May instruct technology students, medical students, and residents about exams and equipment.
- Associate's degree in Radiology is required.
- Bachelor's degree is preferred.
- 1 year experience in the interventional field or the completion of a 1 year program in interventional radiology.
- ARRT certification
- IV Therapy validation.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
- Must have a Kansas license within 6 months of employment or 1 month after becoming ARRT certified.