Plans, coordinates, evaluates and provides Speech / Language services in accordance with standards of ASHA and The Speech Language Pathology Practice Act, NYS Department of Health, and Joint Commission on Accreditation of Hospitals. Effectively leads the activities of designated discipline. Actively supports the mission, goals, and objectives of the Health System. All activities actively support the mission, goals and objectives of the Health System. Also coordinates activities with other services within and outside the Health System to meet and exceed the needs and expectations of our Customers.
Required Job Specific Competencies: The Therapist must be able to demonstrate knowledge of the
principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of
the patient's status and interpret each patient's requirements relative to age specific needs and to the care
• Current NYS Licensure in Speech Pathology
• Ongoing accredited continuing education as required by NYS licensure or certification
• CPR Certification within 3 months of employment
• ASHA Certificate of Clinical Competence
• Masters in Speech/ Language Pathology from accredited institution
• Minimum two to three years experience as a Speech Language Pathologist in acute care, sub-acute and/or skilled nursing facility
Thompson Health - 5 months ago
Thompson Health is committed to providing quality health care to our community. Part of that commitment, includes providing information whic...