Work among the best. Academic medical centers like The University of Kansas Hospital are at medicine's frontier, providing more options and more hope to our patients. Employees in our advanced administrative positions play a vital role to the success of the organization. We value the leadership, vision and dedication of our administrative employees that helps make our hospital successful. Become part of a team committed to success. We offer very competitive wages and an outstanding benefit package.
We currently have an opening for a Speech Therapy Audiology Manager.
• Provides effective leadership to the Speech-Language Services Department. Able to identify and communicate critical success factors necessary for the department to support organizational goals.
• Serves as an effective communicator of the organization’s vision and goals and the Speech-Language Services Department’s role in achieving those.
• Models appropriate values and maintains and promotes social, ethical and organizational norms.
• Prepares and operational budget and appropriately authorizes and monitors the expenditures of departmental funds.
• Uses appropriate interpersonal skills and methods to promote collaboration among team members.
• Addresses needs of key stakeholders and supports the unit/team ability to deliver on stakeholder expectations.
• Oversees daily operations of the Speech-Language Services Department. Assures that all standards of practices are met for The University of Kansas Hospital, CARF, ASHA, KSHA, and JCAHO.
• Develops and promotes new programs as appropriate.
• Master’s degree in Clinical area
• 4 years of clinical experience, with at least half being in a hospital setting
• 1 year of supervisory experience
• Certification of Clinical Competence from the American Speech Language Hearing Association, current Kansas Licensure in speech-language pathology.