Join a leader in security! MVM is seeking SPO Armed Officers and Supervisors to work at an MVM site in Washington D.C. in full time and part-time positions, including weekend shifts. Officers are responsible for the security and protection of federally owned and leased locations, as well as the locations tenants and visitors.
In this role, Officers primary responsibilities will be:
- Serve as the first line of defense at assigned Federal buildings.
- Conduct access control, visitor and bag screening, patrol assigned areas, detect and report security violations, perform traffic control, respond to emergencies, and perform other security duties.
- Complete all necessary paperwork and reports in an accurate and thorough manner.
- Ensure that all reports are turned into the client according to described policies and procedures.
- React to situations in a professional, calm, and intelligent manor.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Must be at least twenty-one (21) years of age and be a citizen of the United States.
2. Must possess either a High School Diploma or GED.
3. Must be able to obtain and hold a Clearance.
4. Must have at least three years law enforcement experience or the military equivalent and must have graduated from a law enforcement academy or FLETC .
5. Must have Armed SPO License Certification or able to obtain one .
6. Must speak English fluently, read and comprehend written English, and compose written reports in English.
7. Must not possess a criminal record,have been convicted of a crime or served time in a city, or federal detention or prison facility.
8. Requires a valid drivers license.
All Officers must be able to remember and convey information thatis gathered in the field. Officers must possess the ability to handle physical and mental stress associated with working extended hours and be physically alert on any shift that is assigned. In addition, Officers must be extremely punctual for any assigned shift and be outstanding in attention to details. Must be mobile to stand and walk for extended periods of time and be overall physically fit, including the ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
SPO Armed Supervisors must possess all Officer requirements and have prior supervisory experience.
For immediate consideration, interested candidates should submit resumes to: email@example.com
washingtonpost.com - 19 months ago