Supervisor, Voice Services Capacity Management
Department: Network Performance Management
Reports to: Manager – Data and Voice Services Capacity Management
- The person must possess a clear understanding of Voice Network Capacity Management methods (TDM as well as VoIP basics) and will be required to lead and manage members who will evaluate and determine solutions to ensure voice network stays optimized.
- This position will directly supervise a team of 4-6 VCM engineers. Further supervisory functions include overseeing workload to ensure proper staffing levels are maintained; performance management including coaching, mentoring, annual performance review, and when needed, providing individual development plans, monitoring and documenting progress.
- Reporting to the Manager, this person will also be required to engage, define and evaluate vendor tools and applications that will allow the team to gain efficiencies when performing network performance analysis. In addition to vendors’ tools, this person will need to actively participate or assist in the development of tools and queries to obtain "flow" data from network elements and databases.
- Work closely with Traffic Analysts/Engineers within NPM group in reviewing the analysis, as well as giving requirements to the analysts, when needed. Work closely with VoIP Planning group (especially the VoIP Architects) and ensure the VoIP network’s capacity is managed appropriately. Work across regions and centralized functions to identify capacity concerns, notify appropriate groups, and follow mitigation to conclusion. The area of coverage is the entire Voice network (TDM/VoIP).
- Directly supervise a team of 4-6 VCM engineers and Compiles required Regulatory and Public Utility voice reports, in addition to network optimization reports.
- Conducts call records analysis, trunk utilization analysis, and identifying trends and patterns that allows engineering to optimize network resources (voice/TDM side. Provide ad hoc trunk usage reports based on request. Monitor and prevent trunk blocking. Publish network cost savings (resulting from planned/proposed trunk disconnects) report quarterly.
- Understanding of circuit and order process flows and knowledgeable with M6 and INA process flows. It will include M6 records revisions and cleanup. Ensures that all trunking ISRs are assigned Two Six Code and facility ISR's are issued in M6 within reasonable timeframe.
- Supports Network Operations, Engineering and other groups as needed. Supports regional teams in process enhancement, systems troubles and trouble-shooting. Applies knowledge to assist other groups in general business analysis and data requests' processing
- Work with vendors and ensure/guide their solutions/features/functionality roadmaps to meet Frontier’s needs and long term vision for Network Performance Management.
- Evaluate Voice & VOIP trunk reports (all types) for any group reaching 70% utilization and blocking. FTR 13 & Legacy reports reviewed and reports generated. Identify trunk groups that are not reporting Provide input to NMARS team on VoIP network capacity tracking/monitoring requirements.
- Familiarity with data and voice networks
- 10-15 years of relevant experience – hands on as well as supervisory experience.
- Hands-on and/or expert knowledge in TDM and VoIP networks
- Understanding of circuit and order process flows
- Familiarity with M6 and INA process flows
- Voice Trunking experience
- Proficient in medium-high level functions within Microsoft applications (i.e. pivot tables, formulas, look-up tables, macros); must be able to structure reports as needed from raw data files.
- This position requires knowledge of business principles, telecommunications, database principles, and negotiation skills
- It also requires strong organizational skills, ability to multi-task, resource coordination, strong verbal and written communication skills, strong project management skills, and proven ability to interact with all levels of the organization.
- Must possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Some travel may be required.
Frontier Communications Corporation (NASDAQ: FTR) offers voice, broadband, satellite video, wireless Internet data access, data security...