Job Order #: 3648778-31884-5304
Job Title: SQA Analyst
Job Location: Culver City, CA
Job Length: 11 Months
Rate: Market (W2 only, no agencies or 3rd parties please)
- Work with established team of SQA Analysts, SQA Engineers, and Developers on Win32 platforms.
- Writing and maintaining test plans, processing defect reports, and black box testing.
- Define, document, verify, and execute test cases including functional and regression testing.
- This person will suggest, implement, and evaluate approaches to testing strategies in the test environments.
- Self-starter who is able to work in a team environment with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to deal with ambiguity, maintain priorities, learn quickly, and have good time management and problem solving skills
- Minimum of 2 years commercial QA experience required.
- Knowledge of PC software/hardware setup and configuration Windows NT/2000/XP/2003 (OS internals, registry, file system structures, security, etc.), and network fundamentals are required.
- Strong analytical skills are critical, as is a basic understanding of QA principals, methodologies, and planning.
- Good verbal and written communication skills are essential.
- Knowledge of Active Directory, IIS a plus
- Ability to troubleshoot and work around problem areas of products.
- With some minimal supervision, implement, document, and evaluate approaches to testing strategies in multiple environments and across a wide variety of platforms and products.
- Perform tests, report problems encountered, verify defects and issues reported when fixed, and document test procedures to verify problem fixes.
- Execute comprehensive test plans, processing defect reports. PC hardware/software setup & configuration.
- Ensure that products meet or exceed quality standards set forth by the Product Unit.
- Some of the platforms that the analyst may work on: Windows - XP / Vista /Windows 7 / Windows 8- Longhorn / Linux / Unix / AIX / Embedded/ AS/400.
- 2-4 yrs years of practical Software Quality Assurance Testing experience with Windows-based applications required.
- Experience with test planning and/or test case development.
- Background in Quality Assurance methodologies.
- Experience testing on multiple Microsoft operating systems required (XP, Vista, Windows 7 / 8)
- Excellent problem solving, troubleshooting and analysis skills.
- Experience with black box testing techniques and methodologies.
- Experience with functional and regression testing.
- Ability to effectively multi-task different testing assignments and projects.
- Excellent communication skills, especially writing.
- Strict attention to detail.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision with set priorities.
- Ability to work under pressure with short-term deadlines.
- Ability to produce test results in a manner that is clear and concise to management and customers.
- Ability to work with a variety of technologies and third-party products.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in computer science
A+ Search USA - 13 months ago