The SQL Database Administrator is responsible for maintaining, designing, deploying, upgrading, managing, archiving, and extracting data for reporting.
Must have a strong background in design, development and implementation with Relational Database Management Systems experience.
Experience with MS SQL Server 2005/2008.
Understanding the SSRS environment and reports in a must
Design and implement a process for deploying, upgrading, managing, archiving and extracting data for various databases
Ensure adherence to industry standard engineering and architecture disciplines
Provide technical analysis of existing database design and performance.
Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years of experience in SQL administration, back-up/recovery, performance tuning, data modelling, implementation, and support of databases and data warehouses
- Experience with optimization and troubleshooting techniques to address performance problems on SQL Server 2000 and SQL Server 2008
- Advanced expertise in stored procedure programming, data modelling, replication, performance monitoring/tuning, and database administration
- Ability to collaborate effectively in a small, fast-paced, team environment
- 5+ years of experience working as an SQL DBA
- 5+ years of experience with Microsoft SQL Server 2005/2008
- Strong analytical skills for problem solving, database, and SQL performance tuning and monitoring
- Knowledge of SSIS
- Must possess excellent communication skills
- Microsoft Certified Database Administrator (MCDBA) will be a plus
ComputerJobs.com - 2 years ago