We are seeking a talented Data Analyst with substantial SQL/database experience to help us build a movement to create a more open mobile market that democratizes mobile performance data. This position will work with internal teams to extract/restructure/create data sets from SQL databases using complex queries. If you have a passion for data, are an expert with SQL and enjoy using data/statistics to solve real-world problems, then we’d love to hear from you.
- Formulate spatial/non-spatial queries to extract/restructure data sets for clients and internal resources
- Maintain and execute a rigorous plan for data quality/assurance
- Work with internal teams seeking to create insights from the statistical analysis of test data
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, or relevant discipline (or equivalent experience)
- 3+ years of quantitative analytic work experience, (can include college projects/work) including manipulation, analysis and reporting of large data sets
- Expertise and experience with spatial/non-spatial complex SQL queries, query optimization and data warehouse schema/design
- Working knowledge of SQL Server and Postgres
- Working knowledge of statistical methods and theory
- Dexterous in at least one major statistical software package and scripting language (e.g. R, Python or C#)
- Ability to communicate the results of statistical analyses clearly and effectively.
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written, with the ability to translate complex methods in layman’s terms
- Flexibility and attitude to thrive in a fast-paced, challenging work environment with multiple priorities.
- Interpersonal skills that are consistent with an entrepreneurial, small-company environment where teamwork is of the utmost importance
- Prefer knowledge/experience with NoSQL databases