The Database Administrator (DBA) actively works to provide support of the Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) non-production environments and development lifecycle. The DBA will be expected to bring their expertise to the EDW development process to ensure efficient and well-architected data and database solutions. Also, the DBA works in a team to support, maintain, and refresh the databases involved in the EDW development lifecycle. The DBA participates in several projects at any given time. This requires active communication with developers, project managers, and other DBAs. Clear, articulate communication spoken/written is a necessity for this position.
- Install, configure, and upgrade SQL Server Database, Reporting Services (SSRS), Analysis Services (SSAS), and Integration Services (SSIS) in all current versions.
- Ensure and maintain quality of non-production EDW environments.
- Work with developers to migrate database, SSIS, and SSAS changes through all non-production environments.
- Work with Oracle DBA team to implement replication via GoldenGate.
- Recommend, request, and tune server and databases.
- Enforce and apply security policies.
- Act as a consultant to smaller IT projects on database integration and/or report configurations.
- Participate in 24/7 on-call problem resolution in conjunction with other EDW team members.
- Work with team to troubleshoot and perform root cause analysis of complex end user and server problems.
- Manage Service and Problem tickets within established SLAs.
- Learn and apply new systems and system administration techniques and tasks.
- Document all assigned systems as needed. Regularly maintain First Responder scripts and re-train team on First Response procedures for assigned systems.
- Associates degree in information technology discipline (Bachelor’s degree preferred) or equivalent work experience.
- At least 2 years SQL Server database development or administration experience (2008R2 or higher).
- At least 1 year Windows (2003 or higher) systems or server administration experience.
- Experience writing and troubleshooting queries in T-SQL.
- Understand backup and recovery techniques.
- Understanding of performance tuning principles and tools.
- Strong customer service and oral/written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and produce results, given general priorities.
- Demonstrated self starter, able to prioritize tasks, stay organized and make details a high priority.
- Experience troubleshooting complex systems issues.
- Must be comfortable working in a collaborative team environment.
- Flexibility is requirement for this job.
- Willingness to learn. Capella is a dynamic environment with some added complexity.
- Experience automating repeating SQL Server database activities using PowerShell.
- Experience with Subversion (SVN), Tortoise SVN or other version control used in the development lifecycle.
- Understanding of SQL Server in a VM environment with SAN disk utilization.
- Experience with RedGate SQL Compare and SQL Source Control.
- Experience with GoldenGate replication.
- Experience with Oracle databases (development or administration).
- Experience with Idera Diagnostic Manager.
- Understanding of basic SQL Server clustering and always-on/high availability principals.
- Understanding of Metrics reporting and proactive resource forecasting.
- Experience working with educational organizations and/or educational institutions.
225 S. 6
Minneapolis, MN 55402
How To Apply
Click the apply now button and apply to this job opening. You will be prompted to either login using an existing user ID and password or register for a new account.
About Capella University
Capella University is an online university built on graduate degrees, with more than 36,000 students throughout the U.S. and in other countries. Founded in 1993 to provide advanced educational opportunities for working professionals, Capella has become a national leader in online education, offering bachelor's, master's, and doctoral programs. The university's success is built upon a culture that promotes human potential, achievement, innovation, integrity, collaboration, and teamwork. Capella Education Company (CPLA), parent company of Capella University, is publicly traded on the NASDAQ. Capella Education Company was named to the Inc. 500 Hall of Fame for being listed as one of the nation's fastest-growing companies for 7 consecutive years. Capella University is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and is a member of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, located at 230 S. LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500, Chicago, IL 60604-1413, (312) 263-0456,
Equal Employment Opportunity
Capella is committed to the development of a multicultural environment. We seek greater diversity in our faculty and staff to broaden our academic experience and to reflect the diversity within our learner community. We value the input of multiple viewpoints and perspectives across the university and our corporate offices. Our goal is to create academic and business communities that are rich with cultural, social and intellectual diversity. Capella is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer.
Where Academic Excellence is Online
As a regionally accredited institution offering bachelor's, master's, and doctoral degree programs in...