Functional Area(s): Information Systems
Job Description: General Mills is seeking a SQL DBA to manage core business databases, instances, and servers for the General Mills Information System’s development community and global business functions. Primary responsibilities include database administration, support for development activities, and continuous improvement of the database landscape for both Web and non-Web based applications. Responsibilities also include troubleshooting, support, problem resolution, analyzing and recommending patches, upgrades, configuration initiatives and strategies, proactive monitoring, addressing database performance issues, maintaining backup and recovery processes, and lifecycle database management. The SQL DBA partners with teams on projects of all sizes and durations. The SQL Server DBA also provide consulting services and advice on topics such as data access techniques, performance, auditing, and security.
In this role you will:
• Work with team members and our Microsoft in-house SQL specialist (DSE) to monitor, optimize, and support the SQL Server environment.
• Work collaboratively with development teams to design and develop effective database objects.
• Partner with General Mills developer communities to analyze and recommend feature adoption, best practices, and guidelines.
• Analyze and recommend patching and upgrade methodologies for SQL Server software on Windows Server 2005/2008/2012 in clustered and non-clustered, physical and virtual environments.
• Monitor and support General Mills operating policies and compliance standards.
• Assist in tuning queries for optimal performance.
• Assist Global team members in providing production support.
• Initiate database improvements, utilizing automation techniques as part of overall Continuous Improvement process.
• Bachelor's Degree
• 4+yrs of experience in Microsoft SQL Database Management
• Demonstrate knowledge of SQL Server database development and support concepts for SQL Server 2005/2008
• Understanding of data modeling concepts and tools
• Demonstrated knowledge of PowerShell, T-SQL Scripting, SQL Server Enterprise Manager, Redgate or other tools
• Familiarity with Windows 2008 operating system, WMI, SCOM
• Experience working effectively on a global support team.
• Comfortable working with people from other cultures
• Development languages and scripting:
o .Net development (VB.Net and ASP.Net)
Our Brands. Your Legacy.
Great brands start with the people that make them great. One of the world's leading food companies, General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Häagen-Dazs, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Green Giant, Old El Paso, Yoplait and more. Headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA, General Mills had fiscal 2012 global net sales of US$16 billion.
We seek out the best of the best and give them development, support and the chance to lead something big. If you’re ready to fulfill your potential, consider sharing your talents with the outstanding people of General Mills. You will work with legendary brands, nourish people around the world, and start building your own legacy.
Location: Minneapolis, MN, US
Job ID: 51795535
General Mills Inc. - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard
Our Brands. Your Legacy.
Great brands start with the people that make them great. One of the world's leading food companies, General Mills...