Position: SQL Developer
Reference No.: 16066
Location: York, PA
The ISM Regional Support Specialist is responsible for promoting and coordinating services provided by other GIM teams, as well as supporting or managing GIM project activities in his/her region. He/she is responsible for local application development and support. Ensuring a good understanding of MAC GIM provided services, end-user satisfaction, and building relationships with local/regional stakeholders is a key part of the ISM Regional Support Specialist’s daily work.
Major responsibilities of the ISM Regional Support Specialist, depending on focus area and personal strengths, will include:
• Administrative Functions – budgeting, cost reporting, invoice review/approvals, procurement, and IT asset management
• Infrastructure Support – high level support & planning for LAN/WAN technologies, Telecommunication systems & services, facility systems (fire & security), as well as printing and plotting solutions
• End User Computing Support – Windows platforms, Microsoft Applications (Office, Visio, Project), emerging mobile and tablet technologies
• Regional and Local Application Development – analytical and programming support for applications developed in SQL and Visual Studio, Lotus Notes environments. Other potential programming platforms include FoxPro, MS Access, Fortran, RPG
• Project Leadership & Support – along with other GIM team members and line organization resources, lead and support regional IT initiatives and projects. Participate in the development of project scopes, timelines, and required resources. Identify and implement infrastructure and application changes to meet the line organization’s requirements.
• Process Management – assist in the development and reengineering of systems related business processes. Proactively work with the line organization to identify improvement opportunities. Participate in local and regional SAP Key User activities; assist with Change Request definitions, testing, and training.
Candidates should have:
• Experience with SQL Applications Development, SQL Database Development/Maintenance; VisualBasic and C++
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information System, or other related field. Technical Certifications or equivalent work experience.
• 2 – 5 years of application development and support using current programming languages, technologies, and tools. Experience with SQL, .NET, Visual Studio, and SAP a plus.
• 2 – 5 years of IT and business/industry work experience, supporting various areas of IT Infrastructure and operations (such as server management, PC support, license/asset management, workstation management, networking design and administration)
Mtech Consulting LLC - 18 months ago