Collegis Education is looking to hire a SQL Developer as a member of the Applications team. The SQL Developer role will report into Collegis Education Information Technology group, with work directed by analysts from the Student Analytics & Insights team. Candidates should be technically sound in coding and will have the opportunity to add tremendous value sharing information with clients through automation of reports and analytics. The role provides exposure to the business through collaboration with analysts and other experienced SQL developers. The Collegis data environment is continuing to evolve with better systems and structure. New approaches to code development and problem solving are encouraged as we use data to better understand student behavior.
The role will have three primary duties:
· 70% of time allocated to developing SQL code using SQL Server 2005 & SQL Server 2012, including documentation, comprehension of project objectives, coding, and conducting quality assurance on output for code accuracy
· 20% of time allocated to developing reports, either in Microsoft SSRS (Reporting Services) or using automated distribution from SQL management studio or SSIS (Integration Services)
· 10% of time allocated to monitoring and managing user issues with operational reports submitted from the business
Daily activities will primarily involve SQL development, including stored procedures, functions, and ad hoc queries. The SQL Developer will work closely with team analysts to understand the business issues of client institutions, to interpret and understand the documentation provided to be coded into stored procedures, and to conduct a thorough quality check on the output prior to completion. Work responsibilities will involve an understanding of SQL Server functionality, with particular benefit emphasis on using SSRS and other tools to present the data to the business. The systems used will cross the entire client environment, including Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Student Information System (SIS), Learning Management System (LMS), and a variety of other data sources. Preferred candidates will have excellent attention to detail, experience with SSRS and SSIS, and the ability to interpret the business intent and translate that into SQL code.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· Bachelor’s degree in computer science, mathematics, economics, or finance
· Excellent skills in SQL development with 3+ years of experience
· Good communication skills; willing to ask questions for clarification
· Strong focus on detail
· Demonstrated ability to work in a cross-functional team environment
· Experience in an environment with a cloud computing component
· Prior exposure to migration of SQL 2005 to more recent versions (SQL 2008 or 2012)
The Student Analytics & Insights team is leading strategies for implementation at our client institutions so that students realize an appropriate return on their educational investment. We use student data collected every day, from admissions to student services, to provide actionable analysis that will improve retention and support growth in revenue and student outcomes. The transformation of latent data to informed decision making helps an institution optimize costs and allocate time towards those students who most need attention in the moment. We provide flexible solutions that are tailored to the client to ensure that maximum value is realized from the team’s contribution.
Collegis Education is a technology-based services company that offers industry-leading education solutions for colleges and universities of every size in every sector. Using an analytical approach, Collegis Education empowers education institutions to make a broader impact by providing insights that improve student outcomes, optimize expenses and increase revenue. For the last 20 years, the leadership team at Collegis Education has been focused on integrating technology into the delivery of education. They have led progressive changes in the higher education industry by delivering high-value insights to help schools make more informed decisions. Currently, the infrastructures established by Collegis Education support over 27,000 students through 32 college partners.
Collegis Education is committed to the policy that all persons shall have equal access to its programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, disability, public assistance status, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Rasmussen College is a regionally accredited private college specializing in high-demand educational programs in a supportive,...