We have a Dallas client with an immediate need for a QlikView Developer. This is a contract or contract to hire position with a dynamic IT Services company working out of their clients Irving area office. This is an On-Site position with a Business Professional Client. Must have excellent communication skills and a consulting background for this position. YOU MUST BE A US CITIZEN OR HAVE A GREEN CARD FOR THIS POSITION.
The SQL Developer will play a critical role in the creation of an enterprise data warehouse. The role requires complete comprehension of enterprise data models and utilization of both relational and dimensional data sources.
The SQL developer will:
- Design, develop, and test ETL procedures
- Design and implement data marts necessary to consume the data warehouse data
- Perform detailed analysis of the data (via SQL) to confirm assumptions about the data
- Participate in design workshops, providing technical insight and knowledge
- Interpret written business requirements and technical specification documents
- Create and maintain technical design documentation
- Perform quality coding to business and technical specifications
The ideal candidate will have the following technical characteristics.
- Full understanding of the processes of data quality, data cleansing and data transformation
- Full understanding of Extract Transform Load (ETL) concepts and technologies
- Ability to write complicated yet efficient SQL queries and stored procedures (3-5 years of experience)
- Advanced experience SQL Server (Including T-SQL & SSIS) (3-5 years of experience)
- Modeling data by applying dimensional and star schema models with an understanding of the techniques used by both Kimball and Inmon
- Knowledge of formal database architecture and design
- Ability to interpret written requirements and technical specification documents
- Ability to code software according to published standards and design guidelines
- Advanced knowledge and use of Excel
- A bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, or a related discipline
Nice to Have
- Experience working with Postgres databases as source systems
- QlikView Development experience
The ideal candidate would be described as follows.
- Self-motivated with a sharp customer focus
- Enthusiastic about learning large and complex systems
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational, analytical and communication skills
- Results-driven with the ability to take initiatives and meet deadlines
- Able to multi-task in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
There is a specific hiring process for this client. There will be a written test to understand your skill level. YOU MUST BE A US CITIZEN OR HAVE A GREEN CARD FOR THIS POSITION.
Please submit your resume asap!