Reference Code: 12043178
Location: Long Island City, NY, US
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree
This newly created position will reside inside Business Risk Controls and Oversight team in US Consumer and Commercial Banking (US CCB), and will report to the Credit Risk Initiatives team. Main responsibilities include management of database and technologies, and ensuring the alignment of database solutions with business requirements.
Qualified candidates should have firsthand knowledge of Citibank's commercial lending systems, processes, and policies. Familiarity with Basel is critical. The candidate must be able to multi-task effectively and above all be results oriented. The desirable candidate is able to think out of box and have the ability to work effectively in a collaborative work environment.
Responsibilities will include:
• Designing data models, developing database related changes, providing reliable, recoverable and scalable databases, trouble shooting and performance tuning for all databases as well as adhering to standards and policies that are specific to the database management and business requirements.
• Identify issues, impacts and implications of events to a project and make recommendation to resolve issues.
• Proficiency in the practices that go into producing designs of complex database systems, including requirements discovery and analysis, formulation of solution context, identification of solution alternatives and their assessment.
• Performing root cause analysis on data management issues; develop and implement strategies to correct deficiencies
• Management and development of staff.
• All new hires are subject to work eligibility verification via the DHS E-Verification System
**NOTE** The information listed within this Description
summary is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive account of all the responsibilities, and/or minimum qualifications required of an employee assigned to this position.
No Relocation Available.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, Engineering or other quantitative fields required. Masters degree preferred
• Minimum of 10+ years experience in Technology, Programming, Project Management, or Risk Reporting.
• Strong programming and development skills in SQL Server 2008.
• Technical skill and knowledge in MS Access / Database Reporting / Stored Procedures/SSIS
• Strong experience in T-SQL, C#, and Dot NET. VBA is a plus.
• Understanding of Commercial Bank, products, and operations preferred.
• Understanding of Citibank systems - AFS, Credit Platform, Credit Engine, GRR, CIR, GCBC, Optima or STAR would be a huge plus
Citi is today's pre-eminent financial services company and was built to create a highly diversified financial services company that could...