SLAIT Consulting is currently seeking a Database Administrator for a contract to hire position with our client in Suffolk, VA.
- Administers database systems including Microsoft SQL, Oracle Servers and other Database Management Systems (DMBS); performs database back-ups; creates views, stored procedures, and triggers as needed; moves data between different systems; manages accounts; monitors performance; takes corrective actions to improve performance; ships data to software vendors for troubleshooting.
- Maintains and administers Web server and middleware tools used to develop Web database systems and framework; assists database designers/applications analysts in the development and creation of SQL and web-based databases and database systems; allows end-users to access management information systems directly by using Open Database Connectivity (ODBC).
- Plans, coordinates and implements security measures to safeguard information in computer files against accidental or unauthorized damage or modification of disclosure.
- Creates and customizes data reports using reporting software such as SQL Reporting Services or Crystal Reports.
- Tests programs or databases, corrects errors and makes necessary modifications.
- Develops data models describing data elements and how they are used, in accordance with established procedures.
- Develops methods for integrating different products to ensure compatibility, including customizing commercial databases to fit specific needs.
- Reviews project requests describing database user needs to estimate time and cost required to accomplish project.
- Specifies users and user access levels for each segment of database.
- Develops standards and guidelines to guide the use and acquisition of software and to protect vulnerable information.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or closely related area and 3 years of database administration or closely related experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training, DBA certifications and experience that provides the required skills, knowledge, and abilities
- Valid driver's license
- Microsoft Database Administrator certification (MCDBA)
We have been growing since 1990 with offices in Virginia, Gaithersburg, MD., New York, Raleigh, NC, and Austin TX. For over twenty three years, we have delivered customized, creative IT solutions for customers in the commercial, state and local government sectors.
Thank you for your consideration, please submit your resume today! Visit us at www.slaitconsulting.com
- Staff Augmentation *Managed Services *IT Outsourcing *IT Consulting
**Must be able to work for any employer in the United States. No Visa sponsorship.**
SLAIT Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer
SLAIT Consulting - 24 months ago