MS SQL Server DBA
Summary of Functions:
Designs, reviews, evaluates, implements and maintains application databases. Plans and implements database related activities; completes data backup and recovery, maintenance and system administration; and assists in establishing policies and procedures for database management, security maintenance and utilization for complex databases. Identifies data sources, constructs data decomposition diagrams, provides data flow diagrams and documents the process. Writes codes for database access, modifications, and constructions.
Duties and Responsibilities :
Education, Experience and Training :
- Leads database design efforts to ensure application databases meet organizational data standards.
- Plans, implements, maintains and utilizes complex databases to include disaster recovery for SQL server databases, capacity management CPU, Disk I/O, memory and user connectivity.
- Completes backup and recovery.
- Codes migration requests; and maintains upgrades and patches.
- Troubleshoots performance issues related to capacity management CPU, Disk I/O, memory and user connections.
- Develops processes and scripts to support the SQL Server environment.
Education and experience equivalent to a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college our university in Computer Science, Information Technology, Mathematics, Engineering, Business Administration or in a job related field of study.
- 5 years of experience as an SQL database administrator
- 2 years as a lead administrator, supporting a SQL server at an enterprise level.
sologig - 22 months ago