Database monitoring, troubleshooting, performance tuning, high-availability strategies with MS SQL Server 2008 R2/2012 in a production environment
Administering, maintaining, developing and recommending policies and procedures for ensuring the performance, availability, security and integrity of the company’s databases and systems
Proactively monitoring production databases and sp execution for optimum performance. Resolve locking conflicts/blocking and resource utilization
Identifying and resolving database performance issues, database capacity issues and other database issues
Performing regular deployments, scheduled maintenance and house-keeping.
Anticipating hardware requirements and storage capacity planning for production, test and development environments and implementing replication, archiving and backup and recovery strategies
Ensuring availability and integrity all database environments
Collaborate with application and infrastructure teams to solve database level issues including availability and stability of the database environments.
Will be required to work with application support teams to gather information, determine and implement resolutions
- Motivated leader and self-starter personality; must be able to lead and work independently of supervision but be a willing and contributing participant on cross-organisational projects
- 3-5 years of Transact-SQL experience in high volume transaction processing environment.
- Strong process orientation
- Strong experience with Microsoft SQL Server 2008R2/2012.
- Strong experience on performance tuning on MS SQL Server; experience with data integrity, data retention.
- Knowledge of and working experience with, business intelligent technologies.
- Strong experience on RAID & SAN configuration and management, i/o monitoring etc.
- Strong experience in database performance optimisation
- Must have advanced knowledge of SQL Profiler and server side traces
- Must have solid understanding of Windows 2008/2012 clustering and RDBMS storage optimization
- Must be able to operate in fast paced very high volume transaction processing environment
- Must have comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft SQL Management, SRS and SSIS tool
- Must have experience with SQL clustering, SQL replication, hardware replication, and/or disaster recovery implementations
- Certifications in specific technologies preferred
- Strong troubleshooting and problem resolution skills
- Some experience in Data warehouse tools and cubes management
The New York Racing Association, Inc. - 4 months ago