SQL Server DBA
End Date OR
Contract to Hire
- Assists in creating physical database design and maintains all
databases required for development, testing, training and production usage.
- Leads the evaluation and testing of new versions of software as they are
released, including the coordination of beta testing new software releases.
- Creates new database users as required and answers user questions.
- Provides technical assistance to application development teams and assist in
trouble shooting problems regarding the databases, including performance
analysis and tuning.
- Creates and maintains clusters, edits indexes, collaborates with ETL/SSIS
interface resources and performs installations and upgrades.
- Deploys programs, database changes, reference data changes and menu changes
through the development life cycle.
- Coordinates with application developers and system administrators to ensure
that any new product usage or release upgrade takes place with minimal impact.
- Proven record of multi-tasking and ability to handle a high pressure
environment with significant timeline pressures.
Required Skills and
- Previous experience administering SQL 2000-2012, Windows
- Intermediate level DBA - 3+ years’ experience as a SQL Database
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Critical thinking, problem solving and judgment skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, IT or related field or equivalent
experience is required. Degree must be from an institution accredited by an
accrediting agency recognized by the US Department of Education.
Desired Skills and
- ETL experience and Database Design required a plus.
- Working knowledge of Veritas Netbackup preferred.
- Oracle (8i, 9i, 10g or Warehouse Builder) and UNIX experience a plus.
About Theoris IT:
Theoris IT is a
full lifecycle IT professional services firm
project and staffing based solutions tailored to meet the specific business
needs of our clients.
Our 25+ year heritage
is one of
consistent delivery of timely, innovative, and cost-effective information
technology services. We have a dedicated team of highly skilled consultants
focused on assisting companies
analyze, design, develop, test, and
implement/manage technology solutions.