Manage SQL Server database administration assignments for diverse company. Enhance database performance, perform restores, implement recovery procedures, handle performance tuning and conduct regular system backups. Ensure technical and functional designs meet business requirements.
- SQL Server Database Administration
- Performance Tuning & Capacity Monitoring
- Data Security, Backup & Recovery
- Failover Clustering
- ERP and Business Knowledge
- Ensuring High Availability
- Ensuring Data Integrity
- Capacity Planning
- SQL Server and Application Administration including installation, maintenance, upgrades, troubleshooting, testing modifications and enhancements
- Ability to administer and develop within SSRS, SSIS, SSAS
- Work closely with Server and Network Administrators as well as Development team
- Maintain data in Development, Testing, Staging, Production databases and application object environments
- Troubleshoot and resolve database issues in a timely manner.
- Ensure proper controls and notifications are in place to effectively monitor database performance, disk space utilization, and other key metrics.
- Technical support for end users as well as after hour support
- Technical writing for IT procedures, end user, development and reporting specs
- Work with project teams to help spec out hardware and software as required
Relocation assistance is unavailable.
- At least 3 years of experience required.
- Good understanding of server hardware and networking
- Knowledge of Windows Cluster Configuration, SQL Fail-over environments, Load Balancing, Windows 2003/2008 in AD environments, SQL Server 2005/2008/2012
- Experience with VMware and EMC SAN in failover environments
- In depth knowledge of T-SQL, SQL Server security, query tuning, and performance troubleshooting
- In depth knowledge of database and transaction log backups, point in time restores; Schedule and perform database disaster recovery scenarios as required
- Experience with relational database design and ER Diagrams
- Experience with Data Cubes in Data Warehouse environment
- Good communications skills; work closely with ERP vendor's, consultants and development teams
- Experience with MS Dynamics AX is preferred
Arthur Middleton Capital Holdings - 21 months ago