Intermountain Healthcare is a looking for a self motivated, highly skilled Database Administrator. Are you someone who:
If this sounds like you than we want to talk to you! As an Intermountain Healthcare employee you will have the opportunity to work for a world renowned non-profit organization who's emphasis is on providing the best possible patient care at the lowest cost. As an employee of this great organization you will be a part of new medical system implementations. Your skills and knowledge will be used to help maintain and design systems that will reduce costs and improve medical care for patients within the Intermountain Healthcare system. You will also be a part of quality improvement projects that reduce costs and improve quality by looking at how individuals complete day to day tasks and how entire departments integrate with each other.
- Can take on new technology and become an expert in a short amount of time regardless if it's part of your knowledge base or not?
- Do you understand the inner workings of SQL Server?
- Are you an expert in technologies such as Clustering, Mirroring, Log Shipping, Replication, TDE, Analysis Services, Reporting Services, SSIS and Powershell?
- Do you get involved with the database user community to share your ideas and learn from the experiences of others?
- Does teaching others what you are constantly learning and improving on excite you?
- Do you seek to be an agent of change to constantly improve and make things better?
- When you have something to say that goes against popular opinion can you present your ideas in a way that influences others so that they share your passion?
The Database Administrator performs administration and provides operational support for corporate databases including backup, recovery, system availability, performance tuning, installation, security, and troubleshooting.
Assists customers and management in setting strategy for current and future architecture related to databases.
Mentors other team members to increase their skill and knowledge.
Manages small to medium projects as needed.
Assists in creating and adopting quality initiatives to improve processes and increase efficiencies.
Provides solutions to issues in areas related to databases.
Identifies and initiates changes that continually improve a positive open team environment.
Assists in the design and implementation of redundant systems, policies, and procedures for disaster recovery and data archiving to ensure effective protection and integrity of data assets.
Assists in the research and makes recommendations on database products in support of procurement and development efforts.
Works with application development and Database Administration staff to develop database architectures, coding standards, and quality assurance policies and procedures.
Monitors database system details within the database, and implement efficiency improvements.
Assists in the creation of standards and processes for developers to facilitate best practices for database use.
This position will work with confidential and proprietary information that requires a signed IT Employee Invention and Confidentiality Agreement upon hire.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Systems -OR- four or more years of technical experience in database administration or other technical field. Intermountain Healthcare verifies both degree attainment and educational institution accreditation following an offer of employment.
- Three or more years of database experience
- Technical knowledge of database administration including hands-on troubleshooting experience
- Technical knowledge of current database hardware, protocols, and standards
- Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) or Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP) in Database Administration (Must be willing to obtain certification within one year of hire)
- Experience with the following:
- Log shipping
- Database performance tuning
- SQL Server 2000, 2005, 2008
- Analysis services
- Reporting services
- Integration services
- SnapManager for SQL Server
All positions subject to close without notice
Intermountain Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
Intermountain Healthcare is an internationally recognized system of 22 hospitals and a full range of medical services, multi-specialty...