Capital IQ is currently searching for several SQL Server Systems Engineers to join our team. As a member of the Capital IQ engineering team, you will be working with a group of intelligent and extremely ambitious individuals, having been recruited from top universities. Although our engineers have a strong work ethic, they also succeed at making Capital IQ a fun environment. In its friendly yet professional atmosphere, Capital IQ offers an excellent opportunity to grow and be a part of a successful team.
About the Operations Team
The operations team is a fluid and dynamic group that works tightly with all of the development groups to bring a "full-stack" perspective on how the application and infrastructure are working together to provide availability, scalability and high-performance. The team strives for situational awareness and understands that sometimes failures do happen so we learn from our mistakes to better the product and ourselves. We take pride on knowing the internals and why of all of our tools whether homegrown or third party ensuring that we create long lasting, extensible and robust products. You’ll be expected to design high-performance systems for a variety of high-demand applications.
Awesome responsibilities will include:
- Knowing everything and anything about the tools that you work with
- Making everything as fast as possible while building robust and extensible frameworks
- Scalable & Highly Available Architecture Design
- Load-balancing, disaster recovery, performance-based (Again, we love fast things.)
- Monitoring/alerting and troubleshooting
- You should be the first to know about failures and ensure that it never happens again.
- Automation Design
- You should never have to do the boring stuff more than once.
- 24x7 on-call Production Support
- Be prepared to support the tools that you create in a rotation of other engineers
Awesome skills should include:
About the Company
- A degree in Computer Science or another engineering discipline is required.
- Being self-motivated, autonomous and ambitious
- Always know what can be done next and that status-quo is never acceptable.
- Strong scripting/coding skills with a focus on object-oriented development
- Experience in administering a multi-server and clustered Windows 2008 SAN-based environment
- Troubleshooting experience and server health monitoring
- Everything must run fast, lean and clean
- Administration guru of Microsoft SQL 2005+ in a clustered environment
- Replication, mirroring, log shipping and permissioning should be in your toolset
- Analysis/Reporting services is a plus
- Internals expertise with Microsoft SQL 2005+
- Storage, database and query engine conversations should come easily
- Designing data models and ETL processes
- Hadoop & enterprise Linux administration experience is a plus, but not necessary
- Enjoying working in a fast-paced and team-oriented environment
Capital IQ provides high-impact information solutions to more than 4,200 leading financial institutions, advisory firms and corporations. Its solutions are based on the Capital IQ web platform, a unique combination of global private and public capital market data and software applications that enable end users to draw deep market insights, generate better ideas, optimize relationships and simplify workflow. Clients can deploy the Capital IQ Platform either as a standalone solution or seamlessly integrate its components into existing business applications and portals via systems integration and custom data feeds. For more information, please visit Capital IQ's web site at www.capitaliq.com.
The McGraw-Hill Companies (NYSE: MHP) is a Fortune500 corporation with over 20,000 global employees and over 10,000 U.S. employees. Around the world, McGraw-Hill provides people with the information and insights they need to adapt and grow in changing times. Our business spans the fields of financial services, education, and business information with leading brand names such as Standard & Poor's, Capital IQ, McGraw-Hill Education, Platts, and J.D. Power & Associates. By working together with our customers and partners, these brands are laying the foundation for a smarter, better world.
The McGraw-Hill Companies is an equal opportunity employer. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. For special accommodation due to disability, please see instructions in the last paragraph found here.
S&P Capital IQ/S&P Indices
Getting some business intelligence is a capital idea. Capital IQ provides business research and analysis covering some 60,000 public...