Sr. Analyst – NROC Operations Support
CenturyLink is the third largest telecommunications company in the United States. The company provides broadband, voice and wireless services to consumers and businesses across the country and advanced entertainment services under the CenturyLink™ Prism™ TV and DIRECTV brands. In addition, the company provides data, voice and managed services to business, government and wholesale customers in local, national and select international markets through its hirh-quality advanced fiber optic network and multiple data centers. CenturyLink also is recognized as a leader in the network services market by key technology industry analyst firms, and is a global leader in cloud infrastructure and hosted IT solutions for enterprises through Savvis, a CenturyLink company. CenturyLink’s customers range from Fortune 500 companies in some of the country’s largest cities to families living in rural America. Headquartered in Monroe, LA., CenturyLink is a S&P500 company and is included among the Fortune 500 list of America’s largest corporations. For more information, visit www.centurylink.com.
Summary: This position is primarily identifying, analyzing, developing and documenting processes. Responsible for the facilitation of Process and Project Development serving as a liaison between various work groups and Information Technology providing Staff support for the overall management of business unit’s tools and techniques.
- Facilitates moderately complex and/or technical organizational process/quality improvement activities
- Identifies, analyzes, develops, and documents process improvements.
- Identifies process improvement opportunities
- Consults with middle/senior level management on process management and improvement. Identifies and makes recommendations for process improvements.
- Provides Staff support for the overall management of the reported business unit's quality tools and techniques.
- Serves as a liaison between various groups, particularly Information Technology groups and the Operations Centers, to develop support models in support of new product introductions. Routinely, the incumbent works with Technical and non-Technical staff, inter and intra-department personnel.
- Responsible for identifying and documenting business requirements in support of new product introductions and/or systems enhancements. Also responsible for representing the business requirements throughout the IT Development cycle.
- Develops and maintains procedures for providing customer support for CenturyLink’s products and services.
- Develops and maintains process and procedures for providing customer support for CenturyLink’s products and services such as voice & data transport, VoIP, IP/iQ Networking, network management, and other services.
- Participate in related systems development efforts as needed to provide input and contribute to a comprehensive customer support strategy. Participation typically includes attending meetings and providing a contribution from the perspective of cross-departmental functions.
- Other duties as identified by the Manager – Process Management.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in a related field.
- Minimum 4 years business experience including 1 to 3 years process improvement/quality and/or 2 to 4 years project management.
- Experience in analyzing and reporting various key performance metrics.
- Basic understanding of voice and data network and network operations.
- Strong working knowledge of MicroSoft Office Suite: Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Visio including macros.
- Requires strong communication and presentation skills.
Company Statement CenturyLink is an industry-leading provider of communications, high speed Internet and entertainment services from coast to coast. Our combination of business and residential service solutions – including home and wireless voice solutions and digital television – provide innovative solutions to our customers. CenturyLink is proud to be a participant in the U.S. General Services Administration Networx program, the largest communications services contract in the world. CenturyLink offers you the opportunity to develop and cultivate your career as we lead the communications industry into the future. Disclaimer The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
- Verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills. Written skills to include demonstrated ability to create and modify process documents, work instruction documents and other documents that are distributed to a wide audience.
- Proven record of accomplishment supporting the following CenturyLink Products & Services: voice & data transport, VoIP, IP/iQ Networking, network management, and other services.
- Ability to solve complex analytical challenges, independently analyze information, and make recommendations based on analysis.
- Proven collaborative skills in reaching a team approach to accomplishing work
- Experience in project management and leading complex project to a successful conclusion
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Proven ability to work in a customer service oriented organization.
- Experience using Windows-based applications including word processing, spreadsheet, project management tool, as well as workflow and database software.
- 2 years ago - save job