CenturyLink is the third largest telecommunications company in the United States. The company provides broadband, voice and wireless services to consumers and businesses across the country and advanced entertainment services under the CenturyLink™ Prism™ TV and DIRECTV brands. In addition, the company provides data, voice and managed services to business, government and wholesale customers in local, national and select international markets through its high-quality advanced fiber optic network and multiple data centers. CenturyLink also is recognized as a leader in the network services market by key technology industry analyst firms, and is a global leader in cloud infrastructure and hosted IT solutions for enterprises through Savvis, a CenturyLink company. CenturyLink’s customers range from Fortune 500 companies in some of the country’s largest cities to families living in rural America. Headquartered in Monroe, LA., CenturyLink is a S&P500 company and is included among the Fortune 500 list of America’s largest corporations. For more information, visit www.centurylink.com.
Sr Analyst – Network Reliability Operations Center (NROC)
The role of the Sr Analyst in the NROC will be to create and maintain all customer billing, configuration, and service order records for CenturyLink official toll free accounts.
· Generate, coordinate, and track toll free requests with interexchange carriers (IECs).
· Reserve, program, and activate toll free services in SMS/800 Database.
· Perform RespOrg functions in accordance with SMS/800 Administrative Guidelines and FCC Rules and Regulations.
· Provide 7X24X365 toll free trouble resolution support/on call rotation.
· Coordinate/escalate service restoral activities through IEC's.
· Meet with Account Managers and customers as appropriate to develop toll free service solutions and disaster recovery plans.
· Assist customers with analysis of call and billing detail reports provided by IEC's.
· Provide Tier 2 technical support & SME to Account Managers, and Customers.
· Manage on demand work from customers while conforming to quality guidelines and SLAs.
· Assist customers in switch maintenance activities after hours, as it relates to toll free.
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or similar related field plus 4 years relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Knowledge of the following systems required: Ensemble, Sonus, Orion, ETFI, SMS/800, Casper, RMC, LIMS, EFLOW/CORE, & Control Center
· Knowledge of Microsoft office applications, BMQ, WMQ websites.
· Basic knowledge of voice trunk groups.
CenturyLink is an industry-leading provider of communications, high speed Internet and entertainment services from coast to coast. Our combination of business and residential service solutions – including home and wireless voice solutions and digital television – provide innovative solutions to our customers. CenturyLink is proud to be a participant in the U.S. General Services Administration Networx program, the largest communications services contract in the world. CenturyLink offers you the opportunity to develop and cultivate your career as we lead the communications industry into the future.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Qwest Communications - 20 months ago