Job Category: Sales
Location: Redmond, WA, US
Job ID: 818413-98327
Senior Consultant (Devices)
The OEM Client Consulting team is looking for a senior engineer to help create and execute great Windows Devices and Fundamentals programs to enable Windows OEM partners. This position requires a combination of Windows expertise, partner savvy, documentation skills and hands on problem solving ability. The Client Consulting team is part of OEM Engineering Services (OES) whose goal is to work with partners to help them build fantastic device experiences using the breadth and depth of Microsoft technology.
Current and planned programs include:
These are broad initiatives intended to bring impact and value to the ~350 million Windows devices projected to ship each year. Implementing them takes a mix of leadership ability, drive, subject matter expertise, presentation\training skills, documentation and understanding of Windows internals.
- OEM Readiness: Assisting OEMs with certification tests, errata and contingencies both onsite and from Redmond. Participating in v-team certification efforts with Windows.
- Windows Store OEM Apps: Training and assisting OEMs in creating and marketing great Windows Store apps through programmatic offerings and evaluations.
- Reliability: Working with the Online Crash Analysis team to identify top reliability areas for OEMs to focus on and developing a program for tracking and assisting resolution of issues.
- Battery Life and Performance: Executing a program that includes ADK training and device evaluations done in coordination with Windows.
- UEFI, Boot and Security: Assisting partners with firmware and device issues to enable Secure and Seamless boot experiences.
- Touch and Sensors: Helping OEMs develop and certify great device related user experiences.
- Policy and Windows Engineering Guidance for OEMs: Helping OEMs understand and validate their compliance with Windows programs
- Upgrade Testing: Developing and executing a program to test and report back OEM image upgrade experiences.
The ideal candidate has Windows Fundamentals experience solving hard problems, identifying gaps, implementing solutions and working collaboratively with other teams and partners. You should be the “go-to” person for your area and have eclectic Windows knowledge and the willingness to cross over and help in other areas. Experience in Windows Devices, Chipsets\CPUs, drivers, performance, power management, or deployment is a plus. Candidates with backgrounds in program management, quality assurance and software development who are looking for a leadership role that isn’t just about coding are encouraged to apply.
In general, candidates need to have:
This position will require 5-20% travel. Destinations typically include Taiwan, China, Korea, Japan and the US.
- 5+ years of OS or hardware industry experience including one full product ship cycle of experience as a member of a software product team driving a feature area (or equivalent experience).
- Ability to develop into a subject matter expert in any of the devices or fundamental related areas listed above.
- Strong troubleshooting skills leveraging hands on repros, debugging tools, precision questioning and using source code.
- Strong knowledge of OS fundamentals.
- Proven team, resource, and feature management and organizational skills. Passionate about team health and peer development.
- Passion about and ability to deliver high quality programs and end-to-end scenarios.
- Proactive communication skills and the ability to be an effective influencer;
- Passion for program quality and delivery in a predictable, controlled, high-quality manner.
- Experience as a public speaker or presenter.
Microsoft - 19 months ago
Microsoft Corporation develops, manufactures, licenses and supports a range of software products for computing devices. The Company's...