Harland Clarke offers a broad range of integrated payment, marketing and technology solutions to nearly 15,000 financial services clients. These solutions support our clients' acquisition, retention, customer relationships and profitability through capabilities such as: business intelligence, multi-channel support, enhanced customer experience and engagement, brand promotion, performance measurement and best-in-class security.
We are looking for outstanding individuals to join our team!
We are currently recruiting for the position of Senior Internal Auditor to be located at our corporate facility in San Antonio, Texas or at our regional office in Atlanta Georgia.
Performs complex level professional internal auditing work. Work involves conducting performance, financial and compliance audit projects; providing consulting services to the organization's management and staff; providing key input to development of the Annual Audit Plan. Maintains all organizational and professional ethical standards. Works independently under general supervision with some latitude for initiative and independent judgment.
Key Duties / Responsibilities
Essential duties are identified by asterisks.
Identifies and evaluates the organization's risk areas and provides input to the development of the Annual Audit Plan. (20%)
Acts as liaison with process owners / management to ensure full understanding of data requests, timing of audit activity and testing approach / procedures to be performed. ( 5%)
Performs audit procedures, including identifying and defining issues, developing criteria, reviewing and analyzing evidence, and documenting client processes and procedures. (20%)
Conducts interviews, reviews documents, develops and administers surveys, compose summary memos, and prepares working papers. Identifies, develops, and documents audit issues and recommendations using independent judgment concerning areas being reviewed. (20%)|
Communicates or assists in communicating the results of audit and consulting projects via written reports and oral presentations to management and external auditors. Develops and maintains productive client and staff relationships through individual contacts and group meetings. (20%)
Pursues professional development opportunities, including external and internal training and professional association memberships, and shares information gained with co-workers. (10%)
Represents Internal Audit on organizational project teams, at management meetings and with external organizations. Evaluates risk mitigation strategies and execution, providing oversight to management efforts.
Performs related work as assigned by audit management. (5%)
Harland Clarke Holdings Corp. to include its subsidiary and affiliated companies (Harland Clarke, Scantron, Checks in the Mail, SubscriberMail) is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, handicap or disability (physical or mental), Vietnam-era or disabled veteran status, and other factors protected by state and local laws.
Education & Knowledge Required:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university,and two to four years of full-time experience in industry auditing, accounting, business analysis, or program evaluation.
- A graduate degree in business administration, public administration or a related field or certification (CIA, CPA, or CISA) are a plus.
Experience / Skills / Abilities Required
- Knowledge of and skill in applying internal auditing and accounting principles and practices, and management principles and preferred business practices.
- Knowledge of the
Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing
Code of Ethics
developed by the Institute of Internal Auditors.
- Knowledge of management information systems terminology, concepts and practices.
- Knowledge of industry program policies, procedures, regulations and laws.
- Skill in collecting and analyzing complex data, evaluating information and systems, and drawing logical conclusions.
- Considerable skill in planning and project management, and in maintaining composure under pressure while meeting multiple deadlines.
- Skill in negotiating issues and resolving problems.
- Considerable skill in using a computer with word processing, spreadsheet and other business software to prepare reports, memos, summaries and analyses.
- Considerable skill in effective verbal and written communications, including active listening skills and skill in presenting findings and recommendations.
- Ability to establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with co-workers, staff and external contacts, and to work effectively in a professional team environment.
Scantron - 2 years ago