Sr. Quality Assurance Engineer
San Antonio, TX
is a leading provider of best-in-class integrated payment solutions, marketing services, security services, and retail products. It provides integrated solutions for financial institutions; investment firms; business-to-business clients; individual consumers; and small, medium and large businesses serving multiple industries. Harland Clarke's clients range in size from major financial institutions and corporate brands to micro-businesses and individual consumers. Within its payment solutions business, Harland Clarke provides products and services to nearly 15,000 banks and credit unions. Headquartered in San Antonio, Texas, the company employs more than 4,500 people nationwide and operates manufacturing and contact center facilities in multiple states and communities.
As a member of the Software Quality Assurance team, this position is responsible for supporting the design, analysis, testing and/or certification of multiple Harland Clarke product offerings. In addition, this position is responsible for working with the automated test tools and developing automated test scripts to enable automated regression and load testing. This position will give overall guidance and leadership around the selection and use of automated test tools and have overall responsibility for the administration of the tools.
Key Duties / Responsibilities
- Analyze and Review functional and technical specifications with multiple business areas to create test plans and manual test cases. Develop templates and assist the business with estimations for testing functions. Designing and developing automated test strategy and tactical execution plans. Providing leadership in the development of automated test scripts using testing software programs and formalized testing methodologies. ( 20%)
- Create, execute, and maintain automated/manual test scripts for all of our applications, these automated scripts should be repeatable and reportable and ensure through test coverage of our applications utilizing Mercury Loadrunner or QuickTestPro Responsible for the implementation and maintenance of the automation framework. Writes well organized and thorough automated tests following company standards. ( 20%)
- Working closely with project teams to develop and implement appropriate test and stage environments in support of the company's given direction concerning software testing policies and standards. Develop processes and procedures for re-establishing test beds for various testing platforms. ( 25%)
- Monitor software assurance testing tools and administration functions to ensure software testing platforms are available to various projects and test teams. ( 10%)
- Develop and manage the Automation Strategy. ( 25%)
- Understand and utilize the standard automation testing process on automated projects.
- Enforce utilization of the standard automated testing process on automated projects.
- Perform random audits to ensure the standard automated testing process is utilized on automated projects.
- Act as a project lead analyst on Software Quality Assurance projects.
- Act as a mentor to more junior level quality assurance engineers.
Education & Knowledge Required
Experience / Skills / Abilities Required
- Bachelor's degree in data processing, computer science or other related field.
- Experience with automated testing tools or other development tools required.
- Experience in application development methods and programming skills is required.
- Experience administrating software testing tools is required.
- Software quality testing certifications a plus.
- 7-10 years experience in data processing with a minimum of 3 years in software quality testing environment.
Communication & Contacts Required
- Proven leadership experience in software quality is required.
Experience in automating test cases is required.
Experience in developing and designing test data environments for repetitive testing processes.
Strong multi-platform system administration skills.
Fundamental understanding of system architecture and database design and function.
Excellent written and verbal communications skills are required.
Experience in testing software applications is required.
Knowledge of defect tracking tools is required.
Regular communication with business employees regarding test plans, test cases, testing strategy. Regular communications with IT management. Regular communication with business functional and user acceptance testing personnel.
Analytical, problem solving decisions around proper utilization of testing strategy, policy and systems.
Proactive, self starter. Detail oriented with willingness to learn. Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
Physical Requirements / Working Conditions
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Work involves sitting most of the time.
Harland Clarke Holdings Corp. to include its subsidiary and affiliated companies (Harland Clarke, Scantron, Checks in the Mail, SubscriberMail) is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, handicap or disability (physical or mental), Vietnam-era or disabled veteran status, and other factors protected by state and local laws.
Scantron - 19 months ago