- Provide software architecture/design and implementation across areas related to the DBMS kernel
- Contribute to every aspect of software product development, including requirements definition/refinement, software implementation, testing and quality assurance
- Work closely with product development team members as well as product stakeholders
- Effectively communicate with fellow technologists and other stakeholders
- Opportunity to design/develop OS software components, i.e., task scheduling, storage, memory management, I/O systems
Knowledge and skills:
- Excellent understanding of operating system concepts such as scheduling, memory management, inter-process communications
- Strong domain knowledge in at least one of the following: distributed systems, concurrency control, high availability, transaction execution, compiler and code generation, query processing and optimization
- Excellent grasp of data structures and algorithms to manipulate them
- Experience developing cross-platform C++ code for two of the following: Windows, Linux, OS X
Education and work experience:
- BS in Computer Science
- M.Sc. and PhD in relevant domain a plus
- 5+/10 years C++ development experience
Location : Current office work locations are Reston, VA and Springfield, OH but this position has flexibility on location and is planned to be primarily a telecommuting position working as part of a virtual distributed development team
Travel Requirement: Occasional
Driving Classification : This position is considered a “Regular Driver”
Driving record checks will be performed on all applicants whose position is classified as a Regular Driver after a conditional offer of employment has been made. The applicant's job offer is contingent upon this motor vehicle driving record check. The driving record check will include review of any appropriate state records. If the applicant does not have a valid driver's license, and cannot arrange alternate means of transportation, the applicant cannot be hired for a role classified as a “Regular Driver”. If an applicant whose role is classified as a “Regular Driver” has a driving record that meets or exceeds the criteria listed under the Unacceptable Status, the applicant will not be hired. If the applicant meets the Probationary Status criteria he/she will be placed into that status. Upon commencing employment the requirements described above under “current employees” will apply.
EEO Statement: Qbase is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer (M/F/D/V). It is the policy of Qbase to ensure equal employment opportunity in accordance with Executive Order 11246, as amended and all applicable federal regulations and guidelines. Employment discrimination against employees and applicants due to race, color, religion, sex (including sexual harassment), national origin, disability, age (40 years old or more), or veteran status is illegal. Qbase managers and employees will comply with state and federal equal employment laws, rules, regulations and guidelines experience.
Qbase utilizes E-Verify
Qbase is an ethical company and views all issues of data use, data access and data security with the utmost importance. We believe strongly...