Abbott is a global, broad-based health care company devoted to the discovery, development, manufacture and marketing of pharmaceuticals and medical products, including nutritionals, devices and diagnostics. The company employs approximately 91,000 people and markets its products in more than 130 countries.
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTION:
Independently, the Senior Statistical Analyst I will review study protocol, statistical analysis plans, CRFs and edit check specifications; work with biostatisticians and clinical staff to generate data tables, figures and listings; write and document programs; perform ad hoc programming; and perform QC tasks. May lead a small programming team with 1-3 analysts on a project.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
POSITION ACCOUNTABILITY / SCOPE:
- Provide input to protocol, CRFs, edit check specifications and statistical analysis plans.
- Set up study folders and programming environment
- Generate or validate table programs
- Create or validate analysis datasets
- Work with Statistician to write table specifications
- Perform adhoc programming
- Perform complex data checking for Data Management group
- Document programs and specifications
- May lead a small programming team with effective communication skills
- Be able to provide guidance to less experienced statistical analyst and provide SAS code trouble-shooting
- Be able to modify existing macros or create new project specific macros
- Provide accurate and timely answers to routine questions from clients
- Communicate an understanding of basic clinical principles for his/her project and acts in accordance with those principles.
- Be able to solve simple issues independently
- Inform supervisor or manager on important issues in a timely manner.
Position interacts with customers from throughout the division. Often required to reconcile multiple and potentially conflicting priorities. Effective communication with various levels of personnel is required regularly.
BS/BA with 5+ years related work experience or MS with 3+ years of related work experience. Advanced degree preferred.
Significant Work Activities and Conditions
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods ( more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 20 % of the Time
Abbott Laboratories - 2 years ago